Anyone Getting Macbaren Burley London Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Bought 3 tins. Missed last year. Probably will last me quite a while since my favorite burley is already in bulk. I do however find that the boutique blends are good once in a while such as ABF. It's one of those blends that I really enjoy but can't smoke it more than once a week. It's quite rich. On the otherhand, my favorite I can smoke multiple bowls in a row and everyday. I'm happy. They will sit in the cellar until I figure out what to do with the 1.5 years worth of shipments waiting for me back in the USA.

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
Well, we got a good week out of that release, but it’s all done now. Hopefully that was plenty of time for all of you to stock up or grab a tin to try.

I can’t remember how many tins were released last time, but this 4000 seemed like a very reasonable amount.

My 10 tins will likely last me 5 years, so I’m happy and it was nice not to have to pay secondary market prices this time around.

Enjoy!

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I bought a tin with a order I placed just to try it. I can’t say I love it. I only smoked a few bowls of it. It’s ok . The topping I actually like. I would not buy it again. I gave the tin away to a friend.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Well, we got a good week out of that release, but it’s all done now. Hopefully that was plenty of time for all of you to stock up or grab a tin to try.

I can’t remember how many tins were released last time, but this 4000 seemed like a very reasonable amount.

Being a burley likely helped this release stick around for a 'normal' (relative to folks having a week or two) window. Virginia-based blends were/are in the catbird seat from a 'connoisseur' (long-time smoker, internet hoarder cellar enthusiast, all points in-between) standpoint, excepting hot overall brands like Esoterica.

Not sure if it's just inevitable market shifts or ala' the bourbon market the consumer eye re-focusing on where availability remains......but I'm definitely seeing more net-chatter round' burley. Deluxe Crumb Cut, Aged Burley Flake.....if you are a burley fan out there the time for buying huge amounts of tobacco that will sit unused for years if not decades cellaring, from an availability standpoint, maaaaay be coming on.

...and really like the London Blend. Skipped it last year, bought some tins filling out a SP orders and was glad I did. If you don't like burley this isn't likely to win you over....but if you are down for that jam it's snazzy.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Being a burley likely helped this release stick around for a 'normal' (relative to folks having a week or two) window. Virginia-based blends were/are in the catbird seat from a 'connoisseur' (long-time smoker, internet hoarder cellar enthusiast, all points in-between) standpoint, excepting hot overall brands like Esoterica.

Not sure if it's just inevitable market shifts or ala' the bourbon market the consumer eye re-focusing on where availability remains......but I'm definitely seeing more net-chatter round' burley. Deluxe Crumb Cut, Aged Burley Flake.....if you are a burley fan out there the time for buying huge amounts of tobacco that will sit unused for years if not decades cellaring, from an availability standpoint, maaaaay be coming on.

...and really like the London Blend. Skipped it last year, bought some tins filling out a SP orders and was glad I did. If you don't like burley this isn't likely to win you over....but if you are down for that jam it's snazzy.

2 things. I don't think Burley blends benefit from aging as much as Virginia blends do. Also, Burley blends in general are really available.

Reactions: Servant King

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Is this back on the market or a limited run? I missed this but still have a few tins left from the old stuff. I used to smoke this quite a bit but haven't recently.

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
Is this back on the market or a limited run? I missed this but still have a few tins left from the old stuff. I used to smoke this quite a bit but haven't recently.
Last year Smoking Pipes (only) sold a limited amount of tins. Based on the fact that it came back around this year and still exclusive to Smoking Pipes, we can assume it will be a yearly thing and number of tins will be based on previous years performance. Of course, this is one mans speculation. I’m a big fan of this blend and only tried for the 1st time from last years release.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I got a couple, got it in and really like it and ordered 9 more. So I have ten to put away. Hope it is released again next year, I will stock up on it big time if I continue to like it as much as I do now.
Uh-oh I see a slippery slope. Fast forward a few years and you’re gonna be selling off all that red Virginia just to finance cans of the prince

Oct 7, 2016
Last year Smoking Pipes (only) sold a limited amount of tins. Based on the fact that it came back around this year and still exclusive to Smoking Pipes, we can assume it will be a yearly thing and number of tins will be based on previous years performance. Of course, this is one mans speculation. I’m a big fan of this blend and only tried for the 1st time from last years release.
I hope it comes back again, but I see no way that it could have been grandfathered. They might take the position that it is substantially equivalent to something else, and file it that way. Who knows, but it was clearly discontinued world wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.