PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The only Pete I bought had a Plip. I despised it and gave it away. In my humble opinion the guy who invented it should have shoved it up his ass never to be seen again.

• Haha
Reactions: dcon

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
I have a calabash gourd that has a p-lip style stem, no idea if was oem or not, the press fit meer bowl...might actually be ceramic. So I just don't know.

I am not favoring vulcanite, i taste the rubber. So it's safe to say I will invest in acrylic stemmed pipes. Although my hand carved kit pipes contain some of the cheapest of the cheap vulcanite :) It's a fun concept.

Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. I'm trying to get my client to buy bulk, but he just orders 6 pouches of Prince Albert or half and half at a time. I think the secret to longevity is truly to smoke OTC blends day in and day out, have a pacemaker installed and keep puffin :)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think some feel the P-lip is getting the full Peterson experience. Whether you like P-lip or not, PC has a Peterson sale going of Systems pipes, although the selection on shapes is going fast. They are, or were, available in both fishtail and P-lip and they are discount priced at about $80 USD. I'm well stocked in Petersons, mostly mid-range, no Systems pipes, and all of no-problem good quality.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Turning this over in mind, I wonder what percentage of pipe smokers or Forums members are partial to P-lip bits, maybe owning five or more. I'd guess 15%, but it is conjecture. I own the one, but don't consider myself a proponent.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Most of mine are P-lips. I find them rather comfortable. I don't mind fishtail, but I can smoke P-lips longer since the smoke doesn't tire out my tongue. Been clenching a lot lately, don't have any specific issue with either of them.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I switch between fishtail (often other brands) and plip. I find it doesn’t irritate my mouth as it’s moving the smoke between the two.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
After a number of years, I have decided that I only want to buy pipes that have a straight path for the pipe cleaner to follow. A P-lip does not fit in the requirement. While I own one, it very rarely gets picked up. I plan on selling pipes that don't meet my requirements.