PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Are there any non-P.C. pipe forums out there? Or is this as good as it gets in pipe smoking forum world. I notice that members have been purged and most have just left. I stARTED AT THE "Engrish" dust up and thought that was much to do about nothing, but obviously it caused a significant rift. I thought it was funny, but whatever. The core of the current posters seems like a great group. Where did Mr. Lower Case go? Would love to see his posts if he is currently posting.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Brothers of Briar has unfilered "romper room" of sorts. That forum has been pretty slow lately, but perhaps that section is getting action (I don't participate on that area).

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Over all Pipesmagazine is good. I can understand the rules to a degree. Test the waters and find out how far you can go. I've sparred with BigPond and others, but it's never personal. There is a record of these discussions and many can see the different views, that's the purpose. Maybe pipesmagazine should cut out all FDA, taxation, and other political discussions regarding pipes. No discussion whatsoever. My only argument is when smoking a pipe, the individual contemplates life and all other subjects, it's a pity we can't discuss the interesting topics, without the PC angle.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
BoB had malware issues a couple months ago. I don't know the current situation, but have avoided it since.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It does seem impossible to discuss tobacco legislation without going into politics.
BoB did have some of those malware issues, I only experienced them via my Android. I think they've been resolved. YRMV...

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
It is impossible, it could be said "You can't buy toilet paper without being political" We know who to Thank for this. That's half the battle.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The big bad, naughty and totally Non PC forum is still very much alive as I drop by there on the odd occasion but out of respect to Kevin I am not telling you where to find it!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I look for forums that consistently have posts about pipes and pipe tobaccos. So far, and partly due to strong moderating here, this is the place to be.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Unfortunately the PC world has taken over, those that resist are the target. The younger generation have their views that differ from us middle age and older, progress right. I try to keep my comments focus on Pipes and Tobacco, some threads such as tobacco legislation will draw you into the politics and I stray from those just because Im not going to get into an on-line pissing match with some fool, if I really feel the need to comment on such a thread, I do so and never return to that thread, so I don't get drawn in by some dumbass.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A tolerant forum is a good thing.
Politics is polarizing, and our society clearly leans one way, so it's going to set stuff on fire.
If you need a free-for-all politics forum, keep in mind that if it is public, it will most likely filter out one half of the spectrum or another...
Something to think about.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yes, I'd rather be PC then tolerate racism, etc. But that is just me. My personal life involves politics, so having a hobby forum free of that appeals to me.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
The fact is that many of us would not like many of us if we really got to know each other. The one thing we have in common is pipe smoking.
I'd like to keep it limited to mostly pipe smoking.
Except for Nate. Open season on him.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's the forum mentioned earlier, by all means, spew what ever you want there. While they allow political banner, I'm pretty sure it is not a free-for-all there either.

http://mypipeclub.com/forum/

Jan 8, 2013
These days politics is everywhere. EVERYWHERE! You cant walk into the public restroom at a grocery store without the guy at the urinal next to you wanting to talk about politics. No, thank you. It's nice to get away from it all every once in a while. And I'd rather not a heated debate ruin my peaceful smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.