PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I am the sole Mod over at 'the other place' and apart from the odd melt down I have not had to zap anyone. In fact its very difficult to get a decent political discussion going over there to be honest. However on matters of sexual deviancy that is whole new ball of wax! :rofl:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The lack of visual and vocal cues makes written conversation a minefield of confirmation bias any time a disagreement pops up.
The problem of computer-aided communication. Always has been.
I said many of us and I added REALLY got to know each other.
I tend to agree, but who really cuts another person out of their life for political disagreements?
Seems an odd thing, although it is gaining momentum...

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I wouldn't cut a person out of my life over political disagreements. I would cut them out if they cannot behave and communicate in a civil manner. Boorish behavior I simply will not tolerate. Nor will I be baited as some here love to do when a subject permits. When those few members jump into a discussion I usually lose interest in the thread. Dissent can always be civil if the parties desire.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Political Correctness is its own form of bigotry , they are authoritarians and are a major enemy to freedom of speech as well as thought . But you always have some who love censorship as it gives them a feeling of superiority and power even when it is false .

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm glad to have a place to talk about pipes & tobacco without racism & bigotry sticking their noses in. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Bigot- a person who is intolerant toward those holding a different opinion.
I always find the idiot that throws this word around to be the very bigot. Terrible word to use, especially in a debate of opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.