Any Advice is Appreciated on How to Care and Clean My New Ser Jacopo Dalla Gemma

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Thanks and the inside cleaning?
Cleaning the inside.. After the smoke, run the pipe cleaner for the draft and stem. Do it couple of times until the pipe cleaner comes out clean. If you are a type that takes stem out after each smoke, I do, clean the mortise with folded pipe cleaner or a Q-tip. You can clean draft more cleaner at this point. Clean the chamber with folded pipe folder then with paper towel.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I have only one pipe with a plateau top. From time to time I use an old electric toothbrush and water to clean the top. I just use folded pipe cleaners for the bowl after each smoke

• Love
Reactions: Smoke Queen

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Oh, and for the bowl, I polish with a soft cloth impregnated with a small amount of Before and After Restoration Balm from I_bepen (I found this product in Steve Laug's Rebornpipes blog).
Leaves a nice soft sheen on briars. I also use it on my meers.

• Love

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yes… Not sure of the stem material. I’m assuming acrylic. If so, then do not use alcohol. As you will be smoking it on occasion, soap and water should be sufficient. “If” necessary, a whiting toothpaste, baking soda, or a similar mild abrasive can be used to polish and keep it shiny/glossy. Enjoy ?
Thank you so much this is very helpful!

Reactions: STP

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cleaning the inside.. After the smoke, run the pipe cleaner for the draft and stem. Do it couple of times until the pipe cleaner comes out clean. If you are a type that takes stem out after each smoke, I do, clean the mortise with folded pipe cleaner or a Q-tip. You can clean draft more cleaner at this point. Clean the chamber with folded pipe folder then with paper towel.
Thank you so much for these helpful tips!

Reactions: bullet08

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don't see you very much. I hope you will return and use us as a resource! But then you're going to have to deal with the sexist comments.
Thank you I am not posting often but I try to ask questions here as much as I can and everyone is very knowledgeable. Many have provided me great tips and suggestions. I hope I won't get sexist comments it's been ok so far

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Don't see you very much. I hope you will return and use us as a resource! But then you're going to have to deal with the sexist comments.
sadly for the internet this place is very reserved. Like mostly just hints and implications. I've seen some stuff that makes me amazed that woman haven't just given up on men entirely. Like not give up like no more dating, but like move to secret island.

• Haha

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
sadly for the internet this place is very reserved. Like mostly just hints and implications. I've seen some stuff that makes me amazed that woman haven't just given up on men entirely. Like not give up like no more dating, but like move to secret island.
I think I'm fortunate enough that it hasn't been bad for me here. I would hope it didn't get so bad for women because it is nice to know that there are women who also love smoking pipes and men should be happy to share their knowledge about pipes with women to encourage more women pipe smokers to this wonderful world of pipes. Luckily I don't let stupid or mean or sexist comments get to me easily

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think I'm fortunate enough that it hasn't been bad for me here. I would hope it didn't get so bad for women because it is nice to know that there are women who also love smoking pipes and men should be happy to share their knowledge about pipes with women to encourage more women pipe smokers to this wonderful world of pipes. Luckily I don't let stupid or mean or sexist comments get to me easily
and from a 100 hundred percent selfish angle, the biggest threat to pipe smoking is lack of interest. So basically the more the merrier and the more likely the activity will survive. Also enjoying some nice plant leafs smoldering in a tree carcass isn't the kind of thing that makes more sense for anyone group to enjoy then another (excluding weirdos, we're a bunch of freaks here. )

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
and from a 100 hundred percent selfish angle, the biggest threat to pipe smoking is lack of interest. So basically the more the merrier and the more likely the activity will survive. Also enjoying some nice plant leafs smoldering in a tree carcass isn't the kind of thing that makes more sense for anyone group to enjoy then another (excluding weirdos, we're a bunch of freaks here. )
Cheers to that! ??

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Yes!