Any Advice is Appreciated on How to Care and Clean My New Ser Jacopo Dalla Gemma

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

C

Corcoran-Rooney

I think the member was asking for how to maintain the pipe and not a personal preference review, but I may be mistaken. We all have preferences that others will not appreciate.
Plenty of people have made comments that have nothing to do with pipe maintenance, how come you're picking on me?

Reactions: anotherbob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Did Ser Jacopo include the gem, or was that added by a retailer or you?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've said it before about expensive pipes (hope OP doesn't mind) but they don't need broad appeal. They just need to appeal to a few people to a large degree while also having something you can't get anywhere else. A mid priced pipe does have to appeal to a lot of people to make the company money. This means that expensive pipes are going to leave many people cold. I find most expensive pipe garish and ugh. But the thing is the ones that I find great and awesome are amazing and grab my attention in a way a perfectly beautiful mid priced pipe never has. That bent sideways pipe feels like one that would go great at a party with silly comedians the kind of place where fake arrows through the head are considered normal.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I've said it before about expensive pipes (hope OP doesn't mind) but they don't need broad appeal. They just need to appeal to a few people to a large degree while also having something you can't get anywhere else. A mid priced pipe does have to appeal to a lot of people to make the company money. This means that expensive pipes are going to leave many people cold. I find most expensive pipe garish and ugh. But the thing is the ones that I find great and awesome are amazing and grab my attention in a way a perfectly beautiful mid priced pipe never has. That bent sideways pipe feels like one that would go great at a party with silly comedians the kind of place where fake arrows through the head are considered normal.
Mid priced for me is $15….lol?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Or this one, for when you've told the missus you've given up, and you need to hide around the corner and smoke lol
That bent sideways pipe feels like one that would go great at a party with silly comedians the kind of place where fake arrows through the head are considered normal.
Based on a Dunhill pipe made to keep ashes out of the eyes when driving with the top down.

002-015-5003_4.7148.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only trouble with diamonds is that, once lost, they are rarely found, being at least somewhat small and often clear. I've never heard someone say, oh, I found a diamond the other day, though I'm sure it's happened to someone. Maybe around a jeweler's bench. If they are hard to find indoors, they are almost impossible to find outdoors. The recede into infinity.

• Haha
Reactions: anotherbob

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Natural finish? If so, it will change color. As to outside, whatever you use for rusticated on top and whatever you use for smooth on other. I don't wax often, just jewelry cloth on my pipes after smoke. When wax is needed, Renaissance Wax.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know how maintenance on this pipe would differ from any briar pipe. Keep it clean. Don't char the brim if you can help it. Buff it off with a soft rag after every smoke, and use a pipe cleaner. It's a pipe -- a fine lovely up-market pipe -- so treat it accordingly.

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I don't know how maintenance on this pipe would differ from any briar pipe. Keep it clean. Don't char the brim if you can help it. Buff it off with a soft rag after every smoke, and use a pipe cleaner. It's a pipe -- a fine lovely up-market pipe -- so treat it accordingly.
Thank you! Will do!

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Ok and clean it outside inside the same as all other pipes then
Yes… Not sure of the stem material. I’m assuming acrylic. If so, then do not use alcohol. As you will be smoking it on occasion, soap and water should be sufficient. “If” necessary, a whiting toothpaste, baking soda, or a similar mild abrasive can be used to polish and keep it shiny/glossy. Enjoy ?