Another Desert Island Thread Is Due.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Anything below 80°F and I'm in Hell. I wear sleeves until it's around 85°F.
I’m the exact opposite. Once it gets above 65 I start to sweat like some kind of pig man. I could never deal with 70+ for more than a few days in a row. Long sleeves usually get added around September when we start to get into the 40s.

We had a crazy heat wave here this summer. Hit 90 a couple times. I almost moved to Greenland.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Interesting to me you would mention this tobacco.
I did some research on this (extinct?) tobacco and found a German site that sells something perhaps similar. They call it:
Typ 7 - (broken) Curly Mixture.
Any idea?

View attachment 14649
That's from the successor owner. It's good but not the same. According to the new owner, one of the farms that provided a key blending component for Strang got out of the tobacco growing business, so Motzek Strang can no longer be made.

Reactions: peregrinus

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Opus X cigars, and I would die on that island a happy man, but aged Three Nuns would probably also help me find zen.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I’ll take layers of wool over swamp ass any day of the week. I’d take either over having to live in Texas nana

You can always add layers. But a man can only get so naked.
I wish I could agree with you, being up north with you and all....but when it's warm/hot the ladies take it off. When its -20 they retreat into their parkas ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.