Another Desert Island Thread Is Due.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Alright, you all know and love these. You are stranded on a deserted Island all by your lonesome with nothing but your fanny pack filled with your favourite pipe, some lighters, and your wallet. You start your search for food, water and shelter after lying on shore, crying like a hopeless, pathetic baby for an hour. On your travels you see something half covered in earth and overgrowth that looks to be a large container. You clean off all the dirt and vines and break open the rusted latch with a large rock. Inside, you find just the inspiration you need to stay alive until you find a way to escape or someone finds you days....weeks..months...YEARS later. Who knows when. What blend is in your container?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Practicality says Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky. Given the separation in the flakes it could be broken apart into any combination of VA and Dark Fired the moment calls for.

However, I just like Esoterica Tilbury too much right now to choose anything else. A Latakia-less life would gargle balls, but Tilbury is just too good.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
Since it is a treasure chest, I’m going to say McClelland Red and Black. Most satisfying blend I have smoked so far.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Truth be told, if it were to need to last years as the only pipe tobacco I had.... I would pick shipping crate filled with 100s of 14 oz cans of Prince Albert original. Other leafs are wonderful, but I think the ease, general likability, and satisfaction would make it never be tiresome for me..... especially stuck on an island where I need to figure how to get rescued. ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You lie. You'd go into depression without your Black Frigate.
Not at all. 79 has been a favorite for a while now. I have close to, if not the same number of pounds of it as I do BF.

Reactions: Bowie and gervais

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
In this moment, as the millennials say, Germain’s King Charles. It’s construction has high suitability for my current tastes. And it goes without saying; who wouldn’t want a high class mixture on a deserted island?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd be looking for a palatable variety of canned food and an opener, a two-way shortwave crank operated radio, various tools and good knives, waterproof matches in good supply, signal flares, and a tent or large tarp or both, etc. etc. But if all I could have was tobacco, I'd rather have a variety pack. Just one? Briar Works Country Lawyer. Second choice, Potlatch SPC, third C&D Stratfordshire, Amphora Burley. Tabac-Manil Semois would be my choice, but it burns fast.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
I'd be looking for a palatable variety of canned food and an opener, a two-way shortwave crank operated radio, various tools and good knives, waterproof matches in good supply, signal flares, and a tent or large tarp or both, etc. etc. But if all I could have was tobacco, I'd rather have a variety pack. Just one? Briar Works Country Lawyer. Second choice, Potlatch SPC, third C&D Stratfordshire, Amphora Burley. Tabac-Manil Semois would be my choice, but it burns fast.
That Semois is a good choice as it would double as excellent fire starter due to its lack of moisture.

• Haha
Reactions: aquadoc

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Not at all. 79 has been a favorite for a while now. I have close to, if not the same number of pounds of it as I do BF.

I stand corrected! I think I'll acquire a small sample of that for the hell of it.

Reactions: diamondback

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'd want a container of whatever is in Cary Grant's tobacco jars in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, because apparently they are bottomless and free to all comers. (Maybe it's Cary Grant's Blend from Kramers?)

Status
Not open for further replies.