PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Picked up the Amphora sampler pack a while back. Also have the Amphora Match but Have heard it is nothing alike.

Have only tried the Kentucky so far since that pouch was opened upon delivery while the rest were sealed. It's a bit dry which could be due to circumstance but flavorful and could understand the comparisons between ODF.

Look forward to the other blends as they seem to get decent praise.

Reactions: Casual and seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I've tried the Kentucky, Burley and Virginia blends. I enjoy all 3 bit especially like the Burley blend of course

Reactions: Casual

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Amphora Match is a match for Full Aroma.
Amphora Original, Burley, and Virginia are all regulars in my rotation. The Virginia ages nicely - give it a year, and it smooths out beautifully.

Thanks for the tip. Plan on letting them sit for a while (accept for the Kentucky which was opened on arrival and Very dry). Will have to pick up a pouch of the Original.

Reactions: judcole

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
I really like the Kentucky blend the one you can't get in the UK/EU.Its not bitter like other Kentucky blends I have tried, you can taste the DFK but it is sweeter with the added VA.I have to get my fix from SP.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

marconi

May 17, 2019
England
Is the Amphora burley blend anything like HH burley flake? another one we can't get over here.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The VA blend is similar to something like Condor without the topping
Sorry dude but Amphora VA is nothing like Condor, with or without the topping. I love both but don’t think they are even remotely comparable. Amphora VA is closer to something like FVF than Condor.

(Now that I’m posting this, I’m feeling like we’ve already done this before, have we had this conversation before? I’m now seeing that this is an older thread so it’s possible we’ve done this before... either that or I’m having major Déjà Vu)

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Magpiety

Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Sorry dude but Amphora VA is nothing like Condor, with or without the topping. I love both but don’t think they are even remotely comparable. Amphora VA is closer to something like FVF than Condor.

(Now that I’m posting this, I’m feeling like we’ve already done this before, have we had this conversation before? I’m now seeing that this is an older thread so it’s possible we’ve done this before... either that or I’m having major Déjà Vu)

Haven't seen BROBS around in awhile

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Yea I really don't know anything about it..

+1 on the too P.C. these days.. Unfortunately It's getting like that everywhere.

Brobs and I disagree on ton of stuff, but remain good friends.. I guess sometimes it's just about being tolerant of the next guy, and having thicker skin.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yea I really don't know anything about it..

+1 on the too P.C. these days.. Unfortunately It's getting like that everywhere.

Brobs and I disagree on ton of stuff, but remain good friends.. I guess sometimes it's just about being tolerant of the next guy, and having thicker skin.
Well that sucks, like I said before, I think he brought some life back into these forums. I’m sure you’ll be able to find him where all the folks that get the boot go... the island of misfit toys (Reddit).

Status
Not open for further replies.