PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
What I love about this website is you guys troll unlike any other forum I've been on. You guys are awesome.
Now I really want a churchwarden... Edvard, above abvice is dead on. Don't fall for the replicas and cheap attempts to cash in LOTR hype. Get a good Peterson or Savinelli briar pipe.
justforhim.com Sells house blended baccys inspired by LOTR lore. Unlike most who cash kn on the Tolkien pipe craze, the blends are all supposed to be top notch and smoke excellently in a churchwarden. I plan on dedicating my first churchwarden to them.

harlockfan

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2014
If I were you, I would get the Peterson Has Christian Anderson or the Vauen Churchwarden. The Vauen has a 9mm filter which I like for aromatics. Both pipes have a long stem and a short stem so you will have options. If you are stuck on a rustic style pipe, get the Auckland series. I like my two Vauens a lot. Both are good smokers with a very cool smoke. With aromatics I don't get any tongue bite even with 7 seas series from Mac Baren.

Aug 1, 2012
If you truly want a nice smoking pipe that looks sort of dwarfish or hobbity, you might consider the Vauen Auenland pipes. They are not the cheapest but are from a (IMO) good company. Here's a link from one of our sponsors.
I cannot attest to the involvement of virgins or any bits of the anatomy thereof in relation to these pipes.

edvard

Lurker
May 9, 2014
United States
I expected to get roasted. However, an intelligent troll is greatly appreciated. Much funnier than I expected. Thank you for the honest advice. @ bruameister, I can't get that link to work. These all look like great ideas. I just wanted something folksy for the Vatra. Those people don't role play though, I'm sure they'd laugh at a replica. I'll post some pics soon.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
You guys are terrible! (In a good way)
Welcome to the site, Edvard. I can't help you with your quest, but many here already have. And you started a highly entertaining thread, to boot.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
1. Hell yeah we troll!
2. Peck: you're an instigator, and a damn fine one at that. Keep it up old timer!
3. I saw a meme on Facebook today that reverenced abortions and giving cunnilingus to women who have had them. The punch line was something like I'm not putting my mouth on any haunted vaginas. Rather serendipitous if you ask me. It's not one hears of these kind of things. 8O
M'lady squirted and sprayed and thrashed until the pipe was thoroughly smoked and laid back into mine hands.
See latbomber, now that you're purple, these kind of comments are acceptable, encouraged even! :clap:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
+1 @necron99
But the Tolkien purist will point out that Fëanor's father was Finwë, not Finn. And Finwë was High King of the Noldor, not the Noldoli.
(I just re-read the book!).

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Ok man I read it about six months ago. The Shaping of Middle Earth that is. I will have to open her back up and confirm.

I am working my way through the complete works of mr. Tolkien. I need one more book and it s the one I always wanted. Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Is it daylight yet? So this thread can turn to stone?
Welcome edvard! Be sure to post up a pick of whatever pipe you end up with.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Ok man I read it about six months ago. The Shaping of Middle Earth that is. I will have to open her back up and confirm.
@necron99: You likely used the correct names if that was your source. As you probably know, the Shaping of Middle Earth is volume IV of the 12-part History of Middle Earth series; a collection of rough drafts and unfinished/unpublished stories. Christopher Tolkien synthesized all this information in the History of Middle Earth series and published the Silmarillion back in 1973, which is considered part of the "Canon"; the History of Middle Earth is considered apocryphal.
Not to geek out on you; I am glad to see another fan on the Forum! Anyone digging into this stuff is good people.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
If you guys like Tolkien, then try out Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I'll also add in that the country squire also carry's some really good LOTR blends that are damn good - one of our pipe club members bought samples from both Just for Him and Country Squire and is doing a LOTR tobacco-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.