Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This would suggest that artificial intelligence isn't going to take over by being far more intelligent than people but by making people more stupid. Sometimes I think digital technology has already done this.

For whatever reason, this ad does not make me want pizza. Maybe it's because I lack technological exposure.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The Campbellites (Scottish tradition independent Christian Church) are a stone cold, flat out cult about promoting science and public education.
Over the centuries every technological advancement by scientists has led to greater profits, more employment, and more wealth and less hunger, disease and suffering.

We learned at our mother’s feet the fallacy of the Luddites.

Artificial Intelligence is inevitable and desirable. The genie is already out of the bottle. It’s for mankind to tame and harness it for good.

Why Is The World Afraid Of AI? The Fears Are Unfounded, And Here's Why. - https://joshbersin.com/2023/04/why-is-the-world-afraid-of-ai-the-fears-are-unfounded-and-heres-why/

In spite of astounding advances in automaton and technology on this day, the United States the unemployment rate is 3.4%.

That’s less by half of what it stood in April 1958 when I was born.

IMG_3806.jpeg

The good old days are today.

But not as good as they’ll be tomorrow.:)

Reactions: jttnk

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Artificial intelligence is not artificial. It is a program that reflects the opinions, biases, morals and ethics of the programmer or better yet the person funding the project. It does what it's programmed to do or say and then the narrative is, it must be true because it came from AI, like it's free from human influence and makes unbiased observations. Just another tool to manipulate the masses and it'll go surprisingly well as common sense and critical thinking have become so rare that it should be considered a super power.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
The Campbellites (Scottish tradition independent Christian Church) are a stone cold, flat out cult about promoting science and public education.
Over the centuries every technological advancement by scientists has led to greater profits, more employment, and more wealth and less hunger, disease and suffering.

We learned at our mother’s feet the fallacy of the Luddites.

Artificial Intelligence is inevitable and desirable. The genie is already out of the bottle. It’s for mankind to tame and harness it for good.

Why Is The World Afraid Of AI? The Fears Are Unfounded, And Here's Why. - https://joshbersin.com/2023/04/why-is-the-world-afraid-of-ai-the-fears-are-unfounded-and-heres-why/

In spite of astounding advances in automaton and technology on this day, the United States the unemployment rate is 3.4%.

That’s less by half of what it stood in April 1958 when I was born.

View attachment 220492

The good old days are today.

But not as good as they’ll be tomorrow.:)
Van:

I hate to say it, but you are full of bologna.

Your wide eye optimism, as refreshing as it is, doesn’t always serve you the truth.

Reactions: Kobold