PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
In 2016 my good friend David gave me his 2008 Martin HD-28.

I use it to play at jam sessions, so I can show off my Martin.

I have about a dozen acoustics and one electric.

They include two Guild guitars, but really the best guitar I own is a Taiwan made Fender SX1500 as tricked out with mother of Pearl inlays as Porter Waggoner’s D41.:)

I can’t play well enough, to tell any differences.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I used to go to auctions and buy stuff on the cheap. Built a nice little collection:

I have a little Taylor 017 size, maple sides and back that's my go to. Fits me great.
1980 Ibanez AR MIJ Full sized body.
1980's Simon and Patrick (S&P was the label before Seagull).
Yamaha MIJ 12 string Gakki red label
Guild M-25

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Right now I have it narrowed down to 3 acoustic, I still have too many electrics. I have an old Yamaha 12 string from the '80s, a Gibson Gospel from the early '90s, and a La Patrie nylon string.

JJM

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
I have a Martin 000-10e and an old beaten down Fender beginner kit acoustic. Have a few electrics as well, Fender American Professional Tele, PRS S2 Semi Hollow Single Cut, ESP LTD M1000se, and an Ibanez SZ520.

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I pulled this out the other day after not playing it at all in almost a year. 1981 Takeo Koba with a solid cedar soundboard and solid Brazilian rosewood back and sides. There's not much information about this maker that I have found, except that I believe he got his start in the Kazuo Yairi workshop, and possibly this is where this guitar was made. I put gut trebles on by Gamut and they really bring out the warmth of the cedar. Basses are rayon by Aquila- I think these are my favorites by far. I have them on 3 of my other guitars. I find they wear very well and last a long time.

IMG_20230227_164130009.jpgIMG_20230227_164143781.jpg

Maybe in the future I'll get around to posting my other classicals.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
It's funny I began playing guitar around 8 or so and decided to start taking bass seriously around 11?
As we grew up rather poor all my instruments were cheap garage sale affairs.
They were cheap Chinese knockoffs of their betters.
I started writing my own songs around 19 and started endless touring around 25 that's getting on 25 years ago.
Haven't toured in quite a while but I still put out records and play the occasional festival.
I guess it's about time I buy a Martin so that I can finally record my adult contemporary opus with a guitar that actually sounds and stays in tune. :)