PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
The chest is amazing. Any idea how old it is?
I'm not sure! There are no identifying labels on it. My guess is that it's a more recent build, though. It just seems in pretty good condition and doesn't have that musty smell that really old wood furniture sometimes has.

Cyxelsid

Starting to Get Obsessed
This afternoon, I am sitting in my office, listening to some nice music, and enjoying some PS Luxury Navy Flake in celebration of my new (to me) tobacco storage bookcase. I've been looking for a barrister bookcase like this for almost as long as I've smoked a pipe (10+ years), and finally found this one yesterday on FB marketplace and drove out to pick it up this morning. The guy was nice enough to hold it for me for a day and I feel really lucky to have gotten it. I think it's absolutely beautiful - solid oak, too - and I love cabinet doors on the bottom half. I couldn't be happier and feel like it was well worth the wait!

I just wanted to share these pictures with you all, as I'm sure you'll appreciate it as much as I do. This is definitely a lifetime piece of furniture for me.

View attachment 241098View attachment 241100

View attachment 241103View attachment 241101
That is fantastic! I have had one pipe broken from a fall, so I think I would dedicate that top shelf to displaying pipes!

Reactions: Snook

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
Take it from me, as law firm book libraries become extinct due to the reliance on WestLaw and Lexis, those old Barrister bookcases become rarer and rarer. Grab one while you can.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant