PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
OK for guys only, sorry Cindi;
Does your pipe make you feel grandfatherly or does it spark your "T" levels? My guess is that a pipe keeps all grandfathers out there hot.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Haha, well, too young to be a grandfatherly type, thank God. As for the "T" levels, pipe smoking calms me down and smooths me out. I definitely don't feel like I'm more of a man because I smoke a pipe.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Bootleg is absolutely more of a man because of his pipe. He's kind of like Isaiah Mustafah and that low-slung towel. I've always had to beat the ladies off with a stick, but WITH the pipe, I have to put my ninja skills to use just to protect his virtue. Young women with whale tails to grannies with walkers - it doesn't matter. The pipe draws them all. They all want to "see his tattoos" or "compliment his hat." I spend my day worrying about the women he works with because they aren't immune either (or have any idea about professional courtesy.) In the past, one has asked him to check out her new breasticle implants and pulled up her shirt. Another told him she was taking stripper classes. That was pre-pipe! What am I going to do now? 8O
But really, Bootleg is a very chill guy who goes to work every day, takes care of his family, and has a sense of humor. Bitches love that!

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Even last night, while smoking my pipe at the ice house, a barmaid approached us and gave the usual thing about how the pipe reminded her of her father, how he smoked Borkhum Riff (she remembered that), how she could smell it across the floor (and it is a pretty damn big place), etc., etc.
This type of thing has happened quite a few times while I smoke in public, and the ratio of really nice looking women doing it is pretty high.
Being married, I can't hardly capitalize on the openings created by it, but my non-clinical observations indicate that the pipe is seen as masculine in a non threatening way, but still in a "make her safe" authoritarian way. It isn't the very typical cigarette way, nor the "in your face fat cigar" way. Something different and attractive.
So far, in a test group of one, I can only attest to a conservative straight pipe smoked by a ruggedly handsome male specimen. Not sure if the who churchwarden thing, Sherlock Holmes, or Tyrolean pipe would effect the same results.
So, yes, it increases both testosterone and free pheromones in the air, and strikes a harmonious chord with the female of the species.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You're awesome Cyndi. Bootleg is a lucky man.
I think a pipe can make one appear more sophisticated and intelligent. There are different types of manliness, and a pipe does signify the more sophisticated and intelligent man ... maybe even stylish too. Of course there are exceptions.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I personally don't feel grandfatherly or more manly when I smoke my pipes, but I will say I think it does invoke in the ladies a feeling of intrigue at the least. Usually the typical, intelligent and sophisticated buttons are pushed I guess and most woman seem to find that attractive. Also I kind of think the whole "vintage" thing might play into it as well, at least for us smokers in our 20's. As long as my fiance still finds me attractive smoking my pipes that's all that matters to me.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
In days of old when I had younger ideas I would get a little distressed when a pretty girl would relate my pipe smoking to her grandfather.That's definitely not the image I was trying to project.Now that I'm old enough to be a grandfather,and look like one I take it as a compliment.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I know how Bootleg feels, I usually get hit on once or twice when I head out anywhere by myself or just with friends. Most of the times I'll just say something like "Oh yeah my fiance..." and it usually thwarts them off.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Haha, pipering, That normally works for me as well by saying wife, but there have been a couple where that didn't seem to matter. Hell, one woman, Cyndi was talking with friends of ours just 20ft away and this chic KNEW Cyndi. Her and her friends had to come save me from the woman unbuttoning her blouse just outside the church we went to.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I've had several women come up to me, and ask me about my pipe. That said, Krystal wasn't all too fond, but she doesn't have to worry about me running off.
That said, the one thing that attracted women to me like no other was... 'War and Peace.' I was reading it a while back, and I swear to you, I'd never been hit on so much in all my life. I was like sixteen and I had college girls flirting with me. And this is the kid who nearly fainted just asking a girl to dance at Homecoming. Needless to say, I was red as cherry.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
as ugly as I am, and the attention I get with the pipe...
If I was only handsome and dashing, I would live my life as a well kept and well used drone to some wasp waisted queen....

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Damnit.
I've never been "hit on"....pipe or no.
:crying:
Not to worry, Cyndi. I don't find bootleg the least bit attractive.

Jul 15, 2011
My lady counterpart says that smoking my pipe makes me look more handsome and sophisticated. I personally think that the pipe makes me feel more distinguished and elegant, and I believe that every man who is truly manly must not only be macho and rugged but should maintain an air of elegance as well, but not to the point of being self absorbed or arrogant. Its all about balance.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
mlaug - it's ok if his charm doesn't overwhelm you, honey. He gets plenty of attention. LOL When I partied at bars, I always went to gay bars to dance and one night Bootleg came along. Me and my friends (me, another girl, and 3 gay guys) were informing guys left and right that he was the "straight ho." I already have to be pretty flamboyant to keep his eyes on me.
I actually think that people with pipes are more tolerant and introverted. I don't see a lot of drama out of people who smoke pipes - and I can't say that about any other group of people I know. That's attractive in a man. Also, pipe smokers taste better to kiss. Kissing cigarette and cigar smokers is like licking an ashtray. My favorite line on Bootleg is "come here and kiss me. I want to know what's in your pipe." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.