3 2 0

well…I do get 5% off….so $243

2 4 3

Oooof

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Love the looks of them but could never shell out the $256 for one. I check out the Pete lovers FB page and 1 guy who's often on it bought 2 of them.:eek: That fella has spent a lot of bucks on pipes in the fairly short time he's been a pipe smoker.

Reactions: Jef

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Not a bad price but that blast looks like shit.

View attachment 157354
The blast on a lot of the pipes seems like it was put in a tumb!er after the stummel was blasted. I haven't seen a lot of pipes where blast was sharp. I got a Milverton PSB with blast that didn't impress me, and there were other issues which caused me to send it back. I haven't/won't buy another new Peterson.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Peterson is definitely one of those brands that sports a fairly reliable positive correlation between quality and price.

Their blasts have improved by miles since the Laudisi takeover.

This drop however sports shapes that are generally undesirable to me personally, and I’m not a P-lip guy. I prefer the Iora line.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I wish that their entry level system pipes had vulcanite instead of acrylic stems too. Are even any of their P lips vulcanite?
Yes. Aran, Kildare, Emerald Rustic just to name a few.
Some of the larger system pipes have vulcanite Plips. Check out Peterson IE or smokingpipes.com listings. In the descriptions page they'll show either acrylic or vulcanite for the stems.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm still on the fence, one leg on the buy it side and one leg on the don't buy it side and my nuts are getting sore.
1658057635087.png

Time is running out and I need to make a decision. I like the Original and the Mycroft. The $243.00 price is fine with me. People should spend their money on what they want. I would never spend $243.00 on any pipe that looks like a skull or a bulldog shape...they just don't appeal to me.

I think most, not all, of the blast I've seen on the Rua's are pretty nice considering they're factory made pipes.

As for vulcanite vs. acrylic...makes no difference to me.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
They look like they were batch blasted. If they looked more like this and cost $100 less, I'd probably bite.

View attachment 157362View attachment 157363

The blast on the one I got looks better than either of those. But yeah, if the top pipe you showed cost $143, I'd consider buying it. Depends on whether or not the rest of the pipe looked as beautiful as the Rua spigot.

When I saw $320 and $300 in the OP's original post, I could see where this thread was headed. These pipes started off at $243 and are still $243 (and even if they had been $320, or $300, 5% off isn't $243, even using 'Pete Hater' math).