PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome, all, to the celebration of a great friend of this forum who is no longer with us.

1720242666811.png

Fishnbanjo was a kind and knowledgeable soul with a mad pipe collection and a kind word for all.

He loved to post the "selfies" like the kids were doing, with him in his shades and cap, in front of his favorite tree.

fb1.jpg

Peruse some of the archival threads and then come back here to post your pic of how you "keep it smokey".

I'm having S&G Scotch Mixture in a giant Karl Erik Blasted Acorn.

fb2.jpg

SEVEN

SIX

FIVE

FOUR

THREE

TWO

ONE

Fish Files Pt 1

Fish Files Pt 2

Forum Sig.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
He was fellow that everyone really liked.
Sante was one of the few people who I knew who had no flaws in his character.

I should tell this story: Sante went through a great many extensive bouts with radiation and chemotherapy treatments over the twelve years that he dealt with cancer from Agent Orange. He had weekly infusions, and if I recall correctly, two chemo sessions a year along with all the other things they did to keep him alive. Not once did he ever feel sorry for himself. Not once did I ever hear him complain or whine when we discussed the subject.

Sante was a man undergoing constant invasive and at times, debilitating treatments. What did he do during all that turmoil? He thought about other people first. Instead of feeling sorry for himself, he spent years conducting clinics with cancer patients, and mentored and consoled several thousand people over those twelve years. No matter how weakened he was by what he went through, he was there for others. I had a friend who was very close to me, and Sante spent a lot of time checking up on him, and advising his spouse on how to handle the cancer treatments. He only knew the man through me. I didn't ask him to help; Sante volunteered to help. Sante said, "Your friends are my friends."

When I say that Sante was a great man, I feel like I am underestimating his character.

Last edited: