PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

szconrad

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
I'd love to see more in the way of aged Virginia tobacco on the market (except for what's on Ebay for outrageous prices). I love the idea of cellaring, and I am, in fact, cellaring. But who knows where I'll be in terms of pipe smoking in the year 2029. That's a long time. Having the option of trying some aged stuff before I make the commitment of years in the cellar would be nice. Thankfully, the pipe smoking community at large is usually incredibly generous when it comes to offering samples. For that, I've always been incredibly grateful!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
If you watch the video on Smoking Pipes YouTube channel, Stokkebye said they went to SG to figure out what they could put together. SG said they had some 10 year old Virginia that could be used. Makes you wonder how much 10 year old+ stock they have stored up!

Oct 7, 2016
Stupid question: Isn't this a danish company with roots in the beautiful small city of Odense? How come then we don't get this special edition in DK? Or is the whole 4th Generation line made primarily for the north American market?
AFAIK, the 4th Generation line is a creation of Kretek International, a US importer distributor. It’s subsidiary Phillips and King distributes Samuel Gawith and its subsidiary Ventura Cigar distributes 4th Generation. The 4th Generation line may or may not be available to overseas markets. According to the bio on the Ventura website, Eric Stokkebye moved to the US in 2000.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I think I'd enjoy this blend more if it weren't for the heat and tongue bite. I suppose I ought to approach it with the same care that I approach Mac Baren. It is after all an "aged virginia blend." Seemed to me like a Danish interpretation, tempered with a classic English Virginia flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.