PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Got mine ordered from both SPC and Cupojoes. Excited for it's arrival!
Also FYI for those who don't already know, SPC also has a sale going on, 15% off Savinelli pipes for silver members. There are still alot of Savinelli Spigot Sterling models (usually $300+ pipes) in both natural and bordeaux finishes that were already deeply discounted prior to the sale. The Additional discount puts the naturals at $140 and the bordeauxs at $115. These pipes are excellent smokers (I own two in the 315KS) and are an absolute steal at this price range.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I'm sure it will be a good tobacco (I'm going to be finding out), but is the box really necessary...? :|

Jun 9, 2018
England
Reviewers of last years version mentioned the box imparted a cedar flavour that I'm guessing will get more pronounced with time but whether it's necessary is another question. I have one in the cellar and before I sealed it in a mylar bag I took a look and the box/humidor was very solid and well constructed and definitely made made me feel I had something special in my hands.

Incidentally last years had a Boveda pack inside but it doesn't look like they bothered this time, not that it really matters of course.
Chris

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Just threw a box of this into an order from SP. I probably would have ordered more if it was vacuum sealed and I could store it in the original packaging. I'm excited to try it but don't think I'll be ordering anymore because of the price tag and the need to jar it once it arrives.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Ordinarily this would sound like a promising blend but seriously, what is the point of that packaging?? Nothing shouts "gimmick" louder than overly fussy packaging that doubles as a knick-knack to put on the mantle.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Aged VA from Stokkebye and SG? Okay, but only if I have to. But I won't enjoy. Nope. Not even a little bit.
Ordered a few just because somebody has to do it, but I just want to state for the record, I did it only under duress.
Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Civil War

Lifer
Mar 6, 2018
What is the chance of just vacuum sealing the whole box with the tobacco inside?
I plan on sealing the whole box in Mylar bags. This is typically what I do for SG 250g boxes, works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.