4Noggins - Tobacconists - Missing In Action?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

nasa25

Lurker
May 7, 2023
For those that have ordered from 4noggins with the item crossing through Montreal…do you recall how long it sat in customs? Mines been there since Friday and I’m starting to get worried lol. Was hoping it would clear instantly.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
For those that have ordered from 4noggins with the item crossing through Montreal…do you recall how long it sat in customs? Mines been there since Friday and I’m starting to get worried lol. Was hoping it would clear instantly.
Customs has held tobacco packages of mine for more than a month before, they did that just recently with my WLT order, it sat in Toronto customs from April 9th until May 5th.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Darn that sucks. Did you get assessed any duties/taxes?
Not on that, just the normal $9 handling fee for the privilege of having them cut open your packages and leave them in a stinky warehouse for a month.

I usually order from smokingpipes, under 100 grams (3.5oz) at a time. The last 10 orders (all the approximate same weight and value) I had 7 go through without stopping, one charged $66, one charged $72, and one charged $88. The three that were assessed duty were charged at three different rates even though they went through the same customs port and were checked by the the same badge number, within the same week.

Also I should note that the duty rates for tobacco have gone up again as of April 2023.

nasa25

Lurker
May 7, 2023
Not on that, just the normal $9 handling fee for the privilege of having them cut open your packages and leave them in a stinky warehouse for a month.

I usually order from smokingpipes, under 100 grams (3.5oz) at a time. The last 10 orders (all the approximate same weight and value) I had 7 go through without stopping, one charged $66, one charged $72, and one charged $88. The three that were assessed duty were charged at three different rates even though they went through the same customs port and were checked by the the same badge number, within the same week.

Also I should note that the duty rates for tobacco have gone up again as of April 2023.
Thanks for the information. That duty isn’t bad at all tbh. I’m just worried about being slammed for duty like 5-6x the value of my order lol. I’ve made note to keep all my orders below 200g.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Thanks for the information. That duty isn’t bad at all tbh. I’m just worried about being slammed for duty like 5-6x the value of my order lol. I’ve made note to keep all my orders below 200g.
Even when they overcharge like the $88 one it's still not any more expensive than buying it here at a b&m (in Alberta), and there's a better selection online.

nasa25

Lurker
May 7, 2023
General question relating to all retailers - would I be pushing my luck ordering 7.5 oz (so about 214g) or is it strongly recommended to keep things at 200g or under?

nasa25

Lurker
May 7, 2023
General question relating to all retailers - would I be pushing my luck ordering 7.5 oz
It's random. I have gotten over a pound through, and have gotten a 1.5 oz pouch taxed. You pays your money and takes your chances.
Thank you sir

Reactions: geoffs

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
What should I do.
I ordered a pipe 3 weeks ago from 4Noggins.
I have called and texted many times in the last couple of weeks.
No reply or phone answered so far.
They never sent me any tracking to follow the package.
Should I hold on of have my credit card co. pull the money off my card?
What do you think ?

Davy

Can't Leave
Nov 22, 2022
What should I do.
What do you think ?
Seriously? 3 weeks, this is no joke?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What should I do.
What do you think ?
Have you been charged?

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
Yes 3 weeks no joke.
Yes got charged.
Can’t get them to answer the phone or an e-mail.
I go on vacation Thursday.
I think when I get back I will call the cc co. and have them refund me.