4Noggins - Tobacconists - Missing In Action?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
But isn’t it still better to pay the customs than to buy it locally?
If things are really getting desperate just go whole leaf, 100% above board, all the tobacco you could want, practically no taxes.
You don't get to participate in tobacco reviews, but if we're just talking about being able to smoke a pipe then we've actually got a pretty good loophole.

nasa25

Lurker
May 7, 2023
If things are really getting desperate just go whole leaf, 100% above board, all the tobacco you could want, practically no taxes.
You don't get to participate in tobacco reviews, but if we're just talking about being able to smoke a pipe then we've actually got a pretty good loophole.
I’ve been considering WLT but that would be basically making your own blends correct?

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
If any Canadians are interested in comparing notes on experiences at the border I'd like to set up a separate DM thread. Let me know by DM if you'd like to be added. Might be a bit slow in adding you but I'll get to it...
I'll join in

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Fact: During Prohibition smuggling booze into the U.S. from Canada was a big money-maker for Canadiens and organized crime syndicates.

I'm just JOKING!

Maybe it's time to run the pipeline in reverse? Say someone goes on vacation to Canada, how much personal use tobacco can to bring across the border?

I'm just JOKING! I would never advocate breaking the law.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Anyone have any luck lately?
We have a small DM group of Canadians sharing info if you'd like to join let me know.

Rex_D

Lurker
Aug 6, 2023
Heads up, Canadians. Last 2 Noggins orders were opened by border agents.
My last half dozen orders - 5 from smokingpipes and one from noggins - were all opened.

I usually order 2 -4 ounces of bulk at a time from smokingpipes. 90% used to get through, but the last 6 months nothing has arrived without a customs payment due.

Reactions: AroEnglish