PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I took a similar path. I liked the Edward Robinson a lot. Bald headed teacher was VERY good and lived up to the hype easily. Are you going to tackle the Semois? I took a bowl in a baggie, but I haven't worked up the courage yet... lol
Dan, Yeah, there was no Condor. It is ok. I just love trying all the rare blends that you veteran smokers talk about.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Good afternoon gentlemen, I am back from sunny San Diego and am ready to jump back into the Box Pass, if you'll have me! It sounds like the passes have been lively in my absence. I've got no problem going to the back of the line, Dan.
I know I'm a little late to the party, but congrats on the nuptials and your team going to the Super Bowl, Wyfbane!
Now that I've found and favorited this new thread I look forward to keeping up with the fun. Cheers!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Welcome back on the list Eric! Thank you for the well wishes on both counts!
Dan is going to spruce up the box after Patrick is done and you will be on the list to get an UBER box full of tobacco happiness!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Cause of death: female suffering from Lakeland rage :lol:
I ordered up some Mylar bags to be good and ready. Other than that, just checking in

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Patrick: It's not like you weren't warned.
Ericthered: Welcome back. You will be next in line after I spruce up the box. Derfargin will follow.
The Box Pass List:

ae1pt

woodsroad

ericthered

derfargin

shaintiques

freakiefrog

lordnoble

cobguy

daimyo

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Yeah. Only downside of getting married is that once we buy a house, I am not allowed to smoke in it.
Sadness.
SO I am looking for houses with unfinished basements and insulated outbuildings...
LoL
p.s. she wholly supports my PAD and TAD so I am NOT complaining. Just adapting. =)

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That's weird. I gave Dan some Condor ready rubbed a month or so ago and a new Condor plug which will find its way into the collection when Dan recalls the box. Someone on the boxes travels has become a secret Condor smoker. They have turned green and started smelling of lakeland essence! The Phantom Condor Man of Old London Town!
http://youtu.be/gtJrMtGmZFc :rofl:

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
005743.jpg

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
romeowood, I see that you are not a part of the current pass but it does my heart good that you check in with this pass thread. While reading the old 27 page epic, I admired your perseverance towards making the old box pass a success. Woodsroad and his team's awesome success is in part due to the efforts of those who came before.
I am seriously thinking of pasting a skull and crossbones on the bag

This really made me laugh. It's terrible and everyone seems to agree but back in the box it goes. For a tobacco enthusiast to throw away smokeable leaf is a sacrilege regardless of how dreadful the smoke is.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Speaking of the old box. I seem to remember there were some pipes that made it in there and even some other stuff that made it in there. I know its getting some cleaning and some updating this next pass which makes me really excited to see what the smoky elves leave in the box.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Pipebaum, the Box Pass Mix will find a home. Someone will take a liking to it. People like all manner of things, like the folks that polished off the Condor, there is simply no accounting for taste!
I will be happy to put another pouch of Condor in the Box, courtesy of Simon. He also gifted us a 25g plug of the stuff, and tells me that it works equally well sliced thin and rubbed out or as a suppository.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Welcome back, Timothy. I'm more than honored to add you to the list.

Those of you that actually read all 27 pages will recognize Timothy as one of many people who have gone beyond the call of duty in helping out the Box in a time of need:
Here's his post when he received the box...
...and then a week later I get this in a separate box from him, to add to the Box Pass:
photo3_BoxPass614_1-vi.jpg

Some of that may still be in the Box

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
It's true. All the O.G. box pass guys went thru so much shit getting this thing up and going it is a testament to the forum it survived at all.
That was why I took it pretty seriously to be a part of it. I will be damned if I let down Dan or any of the folks that set this magical event in motion.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've been really moved by the outpouring of enthusiasm and the level of contribution that this forum has show with the Box Pass. It brightens my otherwise dull afternoons to think that this thing is out there, propelled solely on the goodwill of people that, for the most part, I've never met and have never met each other. And, better yet, that there are people who have no interest in receiving the Box who are moved to contribute to it.
Rock on, 'baccy hounds.