PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Streamline%20Burley%20Snap.jpg

It was like christmas all over again! I got both my mystery pass from my secret santa, the Macbaren burley london blend, AND this CB Weber Streamliner from eBay that is sure to become the first of many in my collection, in the mail yesterday!
THANK YOU SECRET SANTA! :clap: This is a slightly different-than-my-usual smoke, very full of flavor and exceedingly mild blend. The tin note was mild chocolate with earthy tones, the smoke only hinted at sweetness and yet had a very full, rounded-out flavor for me--not my usual confectionary tobacco. I'm going to really enjoy my time with this one!
The Streamliner was hinted at in a post I can no longer find on here, about a custom that looked like a Shure microphone. It caught my eye, in a big way, so I did a little research on it and have been scouring the 'bay and every junk shop I cross. This was in better condition than listed by far--smoked perhaps twice. So of course after a quick clean I packed it up with the burley! Looks and feels great in the hand, and clenched, and does smoke incredibly cool--I'd almost be worried about superheating the bowl and not realizing it. It does gurgle a little; I'm chalking this up to inexperience with the pipe as well as the particular tobacco, so I'll have to see if it also gurgles with tobaccos I'm more familiar with.
PAD and TAD in one day...don't get any better.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
romeowood: I'll be sure I'm sitting down, if it hits harder than the Velvet Hammer, I'll definitely take it lying down, hahaha.
Also, I sent out my package today! Hope the member getting my tobaccos enjoys! :)

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Those are the pics, Hobie, thank you! I'd love to commission one like that. Also in the thread I'm referencing though is an ad from the 1945 George Yale Summer catalog:

4gyc24.jpg

I fell in love with the Weber Streamliner. It's hopeless; I'm smitten. Deco-industrial / machine age design just makes me swoon, and when I see it in a pipe it just incites the PAD. If only I could still get them for $1 postpaid. /sigh :crying:

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
The brown sleigh rumbled down the drive today and delivered to me a package of Nat Shermans’ 580 Liberty Golden Virginia. What a great smoke!
Many thanks to my fellow pipester for treating me to a tobacco I most likely never would have thought of trying. This fine Virginia is a joy to pack, stays lit and tastes sweet and earthy. It has a very nice room note and most important, (and rare for Virginias, at least in my experience), does NOT bite.
Thank you very much,…..what a great choice!!

:mrgreen:

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:mrgreen:
Well I mean not that I sent it to you or anything like that...
Of course you didn't,.....Nat Sherman International did,....*wink, wink, nod, nod*
Awesome choice. I love it.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
sorry boys been in and out of town then got the flu. I will get it out this weekend.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I seem to have also come down with something and haven't been able to enjoy my tobaccos!

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Thank you to Onizuka for my gift! I already broke into the Spicy Vanilla and it is awesome. I can't stop smelling the bag though lol. I haven't tried Black Heath yet but will be getting around to it tonight. Thank you again!.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Okay so who is still waiting on their mystery pass to arrive and who still has to send theirs out?
I apparently received mine about a week ago from Yoru but it was brought to the office of my apartment complex and no one let me know (even though I have been into the office three times since then)! Thank you very much Yoru, I am looking forward to trying the blend! Is it a raspberry and creme blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.