PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Title edited. Not sure of your purpose. Original title:

"Ten years later and they are still haunting my "box of pipe stuff" in the closet."

I posted these in the summer of 2014, probably curious about the value, but obviously never parted with them. Came across them a couple days ago and thought I'd share again. These were gifted to me around 1999 and have never been opened.

IMG_2621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I belonged to a wine tasting group years ago who met almost weekly
The saddest tastings were put on by a member who had been collecting wines for years
Unfortunately he was ordered not to drink by his oncologist as he was undergoing chemotherapy,

He’d bring along wines from his collection and write down comments from the group
He was living vicariously through the group

So sad 😢
Enjoy, while you are still able to puffy

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
If you die tomorrow you will never have gotten to enjoy them. I'd recommend smoking them.
<snip>
Enjoy, while you are still able to puffy
I hear you. The fact of the matter is I quit smoking about 20 years ago when I moved to a hot climate; I only liked smoking during the cooler months at home. I tried to pick it up again a few years ago but could not get past the ashtray mouth after so long without it.

I suppose I'll consider selling off the pipes, and my 35 year old gold/rough burl Old Boy. I wonder what other trinkets I have in there that have not seen the light of day in a very long time....

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I hear you. The fact of the matter is I quit smoking about 20 years ago when I moved to a hot climate; I only liked smoking during the cooler months at home. I tried to pick it up again a few years ago but could not get past the ashtray mouth after so long without it.

I suppose I'll consider selling off the pipes, and my 35 year old gold/rough burl Old Boy. I wonder what other trinkets I have in there that have not seen the light of day in a very long time....
I gave up smoking when the boys came around and re-started when they finished high school.
Pipes were in storage until @5 years ago. No tobacco though.
Loving it this second tIme around because of the great advice from the members here.

I struggle to smoke when it’s too hot or too humid here in Sydney, so i get you.
We can get some real scorching days here In summer.
Thankfully winters are pretty mild

You may get a good price for those tins through Pipestud or TinBids
Good luck

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

"Ten years later and they are still haunting my "box of pipe stuff" in the closet."

I posted these in the summer of 2014, probably curious about the value, but obviously never parted with them. Came across them a couple days ago and thought I'd share again. These were gifted to me around 1999 and have never been opened.

View attachment 276517
I love the original title.
Not sure just when mods began to think that it was OK to edit content for style.

I suppose that it was edited for clarity, but I'll take temptatious ambiguity over pedestrian clarity any day!

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018

Beautiful assortment. It looks like what you really want is to sell them, so I'd decide on a price (which it appears you've already consulted on) and post a sale thread in the For Sale sub forum. Easy enough. Have a great weekend!

Reactions: Leomania

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
If you can save them another ten years they may be worth a lesser fortune. I would expect values over 500 dollars, if not double if you sell them in the future.

• Wow
Reactions: WerewolfOfLondon