PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fuelman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
I love coffee any day or night. My favorite go to, would be San Francisco Bay French roast. It is pretty consistent with a bold flavor. If I couldn’t get that I would settle for Cafe du Monde with chicory. Same bold taste, but I don’t notice the chicory.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I went all out. Aillio Bullet
I plan on starting to sell some coffee after I get this new mach8ine dialed in and the workflow going well. I have a Behmor now, but it does not have the level of control I want, but makes good coffee
Keep your eyes peeled for commercial roasters. I see them sometimes at auction or FB Marketplace for way under value. A few years back, the coffee roasting kiosk in a local supermarket closed down. The roaster sat there for over two years. I’m sure it went for cheap when they moved a beer and wine section in where the coffee was.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Keep your eyes peeled for commercial roasters. I see them sometimes at auction or FB Marketplace for way under value. A few years back, the coffee roasting kiosk in a local supermarket closed down. The roaster sat there for over two years. I’m sure it went for cheap when they moved a beer and wine section in where the coffee was.
Thanks! Will do that for sure!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
At one time, Philadelphia was the coffee roasting center of the US. As recently as the '90's, you couldn't drive down I95 through Philly without being overwhelmed by the intoxicating aroma of roasting coffee beans. Ellis Coffee (1854) is one of the big companies, providing coffee and coffee service to almost every restaurant and diner in the tristate area. Melitta had it's headquarters and roasting operations just across the river in Cherry Hill, NJ. Still, today, there are many smaller roasters, including a pioneer in small-scale roasting, Old City Coffee. I was their first customer, back in 1985.

Coffee-Pot-Building-1008x1024.jpg
The Ellis Coffee Company, 1930's

johnnyflake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
In the Mister Coffee Machine, it's Folgers Classic, love it, been drinking it as long as I can remember.

In the Keurig, it's McCafe Breakfast in the morning's and in the evenings it's mostly Dunkin Original Blend, however on occasion, in the evening it's Gevalia Cappuccino, Super Good Stuff!

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1