PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@bersekero & @orlandofurioso show some love for the little guys too... ;)

No disrespect to SPC, but, Luca from Tabaccheria Corti drives over to Castello and hand picks out pipes. :)

Anyone that loves Castello pipes should seriously communicate with Luca, to get something special, and keep an eye on their stock. ;)

P.S. I bought two other brands of pipes from Luca, shipping included International Express, arrived in 3-5 days in the USA!

Luca and Tabaccheria Corti are absolutely amazing! 👍 ❤️

Last edited:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Why do you guys think the Aristocrata finish is priced on the upper end?

The reason I ask is that though it’s my favorite finish it also seems like any pipe could be turned into one with an orange stain and fuming.

Or is that simplification of a quite complex process?

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Why do you guys think the Aristocrata finish is priced on the upper end?

The reason I ask is that though it’s my favorite finish it also seems like any pipe could be turned into one with an orange stain and fuming.

Or is that simplification of a quite complex process?
Totally gorgeous finish IMO and I think the workmanship shows in the tones.
The fumes are my favorite. I’d say pricing reflects the effort and time getting to that finished appearance.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Reactions: PaulRVA

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I met with Marco this weekend in Rome at Novelli. He confirmed that he had no idea what L stands for. He was stumped. And he is the master. And then he said something that blew me away, he said (paraphrase), ‘Castello does that sometimes.’ And he shrugged his shoulders. That was the kind of knowledge you get only from the horse’s mouth. The Castello lore goes deep in the collecting world.
VrKJGko.jpg
I was reading this Castello thread and the classic story above deserved a bump! As I posted a few weeks ago, my wife brought me home a Castello Ancoretta from Marco at Novelli’s in Rome. I can’t wait to visit the shop myself.

Attachments

• IMG_2461.jpeg
    IMG_2461.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2454.jpeg
    IMG_2454.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: