PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbomunkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2021
Chicago, IL
Is there such a thing as a premium, great tasting cigarette that isn’t made with chemicals and additives? I wouldn’t mind smoking 1-2 on the weekend as a little treat.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I haven’t smoked them in almost a decade, but I’d vote Davidoff. If they weren’t taxed beyond comprehension I still would. From my recollection they were a good quality bright virginia, smooth smoke. YMMV of course.
My other favourites were Camels unfiltered, which were polar opposites to the Davidoff’s of course.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I haven’t smoked them in almost a decade, but I’d vote Davidoff. If they weren’t taxed beyond comprehension I still would. From my recollection they were a good quality bright virginia, smooth smoke. YMMV of course.
My other favourites were Camels unfiltered, which were polar opposites to the Davidoff’s of course.
among US Cigarettes my favorite were Lucky Strike unfiltered and Old Gold straights

Let me rephrase, is there a large difference between the two?
Before cigarettes became a pre-rolled commodity, men without enough time to smoke a whole pipe would roll their tobacco into a French paper. Tobacco was tobacco. But, I'm not sure when inhaling the smoke was started as an encouragement.

RYO bagged tobaccos, labelled pipe tobacco, like OHM and D&R, are natural leaf.
American Spirits are also a natural tobacco also.

The main difference between pre-rolled cigarettes tobaccos and all other tobaccos is that the cigarette manufacturers have to control nicotine and tar content as per government regulations, so they press the juices from the tobaccos, reformulate it and then rehydrate the cellulose of the leaf back with the mixture.

So, tobacco is tobacco, period. But, whether you want to delude yourself into thinking that any tobacco inhaled directly into your lungs is better or worse... is your call. I think we've learned from the vape industry that there is no safe alternative when it comes to your lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.