PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I think this is my favorite pipe😍

At first I hated the stem and p-lip. After a few smokes I learned how to clench it properly, and the p-lip is fantastic at anti-gurgle as well as smoking slow and cool. It has a tighter draw, and the way it draws allows me to smoke with a slower cadence and gentle puff or breathe method far better than any fishtail. I've sat outside and spent over 2 hours smoking a bowl in this once! Standard system p-lip just fantastic.

*** only improvement I can see is if it had a Vulcanite stem. That would make it the best***

It's a peterson 307 SS for anyone new that doesn't know.

I also have a 303 ill show one day. That's a true chin strapper, but I feel it's not as comfortable to clench (I like the stem further in my mouth, and a 303 gives you less stem since it's curved more aggressively.

Attachments

• 20240313_091109.jpg
    20240313_091109.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I think this is my favorite pipe😍

At first I hated the stem and p-lip. After a few smokes I learned how to clench it properly, and the p-lip is fantastic at anti-gurgle as well as smoking slow and cool. It has a tighter draw, and the way it draws allows me to smoke with a slower cadence and gentle puff or breathe method far better than any fishtail. I've sat outside and spent over 2 hours smoking a bowl in this once! Standard system p-lip just fantastic.

*** only improvement I can see is if it had a Vulcanite stem. That would make it the best***

It's a peterson 307 SS for anyone new that doesn't know.

I also have a 303 ill show one day. That's a true chin strapper, but I feel it's not as comfortable to clench (I like the stem further in my mouth, and a 303 gives you less stem since it's curved more aggressively.
You'll find that the estate Pete's have the vulcanite stem if you prefer them...............................

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
The pipe is a 03 a Flame Grain Silver Spigot series with Amber stem. It was a gift from a forum member who knows I have a deep love of Peterson Pipes but shallow pockets.
Do those shallow pockets mean we won’t see you featured here? 😉

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
So I finally made my way to the bottom edge of the farm today and took some pictures of our south western boundary, which is the low tide mark. That is the great southern ocean and there is only Heard Island and Antarctica down there. Today was a pretty good day too, normally blowing a gale and white caps as far as you can see.
View attachment 295438View attachment 295439View attachment 295440View attachment 295441View attachment 295442View attachment 295443View attachment 295444

I promised these weeks ago buy life gets in the way. Smoking some DNR's in a Pete Squire as I write this.
Thank you for these beautiful pictures!

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I admire your coffee mug, where did you get it, AND you have one very considerate friend to gift you that pipe. puffy
The mug was made for the Pete Geeks, a group of us Peterson efficandos who are regulars on Mark Irwin's Peterson Pipe Notes blog. He's done pipes, hats, lighters & tampers too. Check out the blog for more info.

As for the generosity... yes, indeed. We have very generous members in this forum. I am grateful to have been on both ends of those types of transactions.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Finally got a good night's sleep.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.