PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I’ve got some of that to revisit this weekend. Had one bowl fresh from tin a while back and eat too impressed.
I'm trying to figure this one out myself. A generous member sent me his tin when I inquired as to his thoughts on the blend. This is my third bowl. I was expecting an over the top aromatic. Don't get me wrong,, I like it, but it doesn't make me want to run to the computer and order 5 pounds. Not that I've ever done such a thing 😂

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
How would you describe their differences?
The Turkish Latakia component of English Chocolate is very noticeable to me with more of an Oriental than Latakia flavor note. In BCF I taste Latakia as a background condiment. Flavorings are significantly different to me as well. Synergy between chocolate/cocoa flavors and Tonquin/vanilla notes are more subtle yet very noticeable in BCF.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Earlier today I had the pleasure to meet @PrivatePiping at Sturman’s Cigar and Wine shop for a smoke. We both brought some tobacco’s to sample and enjoyed a couple of great smokes. We decided on two blends he brought- both KBV Blends I had never tried. Armed with my trusty Irish Clay we started with Eldritch- The Patience of Dr. Silence. I’ve never tried a baccy with “tonquin-like dressing” before. Man was I surprised and pleased with this exceptionally smooth, flavorful tobacco. The best description of the tonquin would be subtle vanilla with something else rich meandering along that I would call coco-nibs?
Overall, an absolutely grand tobacco. Definitely on my next order.
Next up was B. Frog’s English Villain. Another delightful KBV blend “Sixty percent red Virginia and forty percent Latakia for a unique English caper… with rough cut Latakia cased in Whiskey”. This blend is a rich and smooth balanced English. The whiskey casing is not overdone.
We swapped several other sample blends to take home.
Really had a great time meeting @PrivatePiping and sharing some amazing tobacco!
Now home, I’ve got a bowl of 2023 Plum Pudding, Christmas Cheer (a sample from @PrivatePiping )loaded in the Irish Clay!

image.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
More flood abatement work in the mustang's pen today. As I mentioned in my last post here, it's largely a thankless task with several inches of rain coming between Saturday and Wednesday. But a couple of improvised drainage trenches will make my work next week significantly easier. Hell, I might even be able to clench my cob while doing it! Time will tell...

For the time being, it's relaxation time with Lane Ltd. 125th Anniversary in a Stefano Rhodesian, and a glass of brandy. Need to dry this one a bit longer next time. The baccy, not the brandy. 🙃

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Dark-eyed junco, Steller's jay, California towhee, Spotted towhee, White-crowned sparrow, California quail, House finch (they're back!), White-breasted nuthatch, Hairy woodpecker, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, and Northern flicker.

stefano.jpg

D&S Blairgowrie in a Sherlock Holmes Sandblasted Squire.
View attachment 288833
That's one of the most beautiful pipes I've ever seen. And the photo behind it ain't too shabby either! 😍

PrivatePiping

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2023
Todd - Boise, ID
Earlier today I had the pleasure to meet @PrivatePiping at Sturman’s Cigar and Wine shop for a smoke. We both brought some tobacco’s to sample and enjoyed a couple of great smokes. We decided on two blends he brought- both KBV Blends I had never tried. Armed with my trusty Irish Clay we started with Eldritch- The Patience of Dr. Silence. I’ve never tried a baccy with “tonquin-like dressing” before. Man was I surprised and pleased with this exceptionally smooth, flavorful tobacco. The best description of the tonquin would be subtle vanilla with something else rich meandering along that I would call coco-nibs?
Next up was B. Frog’s English Villain. Another delightful KBV blend “Sixty percent red Virginia and forty percent Latakia for a unique English caper… with rough cut Latakia cased in Whiskey”. This blend is a rich and smooth balanced English. The whiskey casing is not overdone.
Really had a great time meeting @PrivatePiping and sharing some amazing tobacco!
Now home, I’ve got a bowl of 2023 Plum Pudding, Christmas Cheer (a sample from @PrivatePiping )loaded in the Irish Clay!

View attachment 288832

View attachment 288832
It was definitely a great smoke! I'm glad we made it happen today.

I'm trying the Acadian Flek now!

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
War Horse Bar in a Stanwell Reg. No. Dublin, first time trying this. I think I might end up liking this mess. Combination of the earthy notes and anise put me in mind of dark roast coffee. Plays well with the Tonquin notes and comes across as a bit creamy. Not sure why I'm seeing double and drooling on myself but it is all good. Just rubbed out enough for two more bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.