Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
2011 Navy Rolls in my MarTelo billiard.

IMG-1147.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've had a very busy two days so I really couldn't post until now. Today's lunch was ten blueberry pancakes with a golden delicious apple on the side. Dinner was a salad, two big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a bowl of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

In the middle of the below freezing morning (5 a.m.), I heard the bushy tailed striped cat moaning and moaning. I talked to it through the glass door, and when I thought it was comfortable enough not to run away, I went outside. It ran to the other side of the deck, and I continued to talk to you. This went on for almost ten minutes before it got so hungry that it took a chance and ran up to me. I held my hand out, it sniffed it, and it ran. As Sam the Scamp had been snoozing’ next to me, it must have smelled Sam the Scamp on my hand. I didn’t give up, though, because I knew it was very hungry. I called to it, and it came back, and started eating by my feet. It let me rub its head and back as I continued to talk to it. It didn’t show a speck of attention to me, but it let me rub and scratch it without incident. Still couldn’t tell its gender. I don’t know what will happen next, but I expect I will soon. I took several videos of this, but the forum won't let me post them. At least I have a few photos.
Unnamed_BD2.jpg
Unnamed_BD1.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
@SBC ,
I fully understand the frustration in working with cedar shafts and creating a match set of hunting arrows with some practice arrows. Over the years, I decided, that I would buy bulk cedar shafts (100) and pay for the spines to be within 5 pounds. For example, I would buy shafts that are guaranteed to be 50 to 55 pounds of spine. Then I would check the spine on each shaft and weigh them. I could then separate them into groups of the same spine first, and then separate those by weight. Then I could build 18 arrow sets and of arrows that shot the same.
View attachment 284703
Yes. I do the same. It's a labor of love, if you love archery. I find the process of arrow making, as well as shooting those arrows, among the most relaxing things I can do.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Been feeling a bit rough today so I’ve not smoked much, some 23 Cringle with my coffee this morning, some Dark Annie ll while walking WeeBay and Druquer Trafalgar in the Astley’s on our second walk. I’m just about to make dinner and contemplating something mild like Tilbury or Gold Block while it’s cooking, in a Kaywoodie Straight Grain. View attachment 284590
@Birddog66 Get well soon!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Yes. I do the same. It's a labor of love, if you love archery. I find the process of arrow making, as well as shooting those arrows, among the most relaxing things I can.
@Carol Sounds good to me; I think it's cool that you make your own arrows. I've had a go at archery before and would definitely do it again. Jason the blacksmith was making arrowheads in between lighting Ye Olde Clay:

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I've had a very busy two days so I really couldn't post until now. Today's lunch was ten blueberry pancakes with a golden delicious apple on the side. Dinner was a salad, two big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a bowl of strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 284762

In the middle of the below freezing morning (5 a.m.), I heard the bushy tailed striped cat moaning and moaning. I talked to it through the glass door, and when I thought it was comfortable enough not to run away, I went outside. It ran to the other side of the deck, and I continued to talk to you. This went on for almost ten minutes before it got so hungry that it took a chance and ran up to me. I held my hand out, it sniffed it, and it ran. As Sam the Scamp had been snoozing’ next to me, it must have smelled Sam the Scamp on my hand. I didn’t give up, though, because I knew it was very hungry. I called to it, and it came back, and started eating by my feet. It let me rub its head and back as I continued to talk to it. It didn’t show a speck of attention to me, but it let me rub and scratch it without incident. Still couldn’t tell its gender. I don’t know what will happen next, but I expect I will soon. I took several videos of this, but the forum won't let me post them. At least I have a few photos.
View attachment 284764
View attachment 284765
Pretty cat and he/she looks quite healthy.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Sutliff Blackthorn Shillelagh in a 1980s SMS eagle claw egg medium bend meerschaum signed by Ismail Baglan with a brown and cream swirl acrylic stem. The Irish whisky topping leads the tobaccos. It goes on sale Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. EST.
SMS_Eagle Claw-side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.