PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Fellow pipers here in Houston it’s 28 degrees, cloudy, and windy and while I could suit up in winter clothing for a smoke I just don’t care for the cold. If it were sunshine and no wind I would but not today.

I am sure I am a wimp compared to all of you in North US, Canada, Scandinavia, etc.

Made me think what is everyone’s temp limits to getting in a smoke (if outside smoker) ?

MichaelMP5

Lurker
Dec 20, 2023
As I get older I really hate the cold. I dont know how it came to this... /sadface.
I was just in my unheated garage it was probably 35-38 degrees. Indulged in a 40 minute session with some 7 yr old jarred up Boswell Northwoods. It was very dry but delicious and burned to a nice ash in my Sav.
By the end, my feet were getting cold. I need to order some shearling lined booties.
I probably wouldn't have a smoke if it was any colder.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
I used to love the cold when I was a kid. Now, not so much. I can handle it okay for a smoke if it’s not too windy. I had a smoke today earlier and it was 26 degrees. I’ll probably have another one later.

Reactions: Steddy and Tate

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
I'm a few hours north of you @Old_Newby, and I was able to tolerate some time out ithere with a Coleman lantern and a good book. But if it gets to the point where a wool blanket on my lap won't do the trick, I'm staying in. I spent years up in snow country, nothing to prove! lol

Reactions: Steddy and Tate