PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I actually checked it out the day you posted yours. It's a beauty but I just bought 2 pipes and have a commission lined up. A Bakelite stem is coming as soon as the wallet recovers.
I have one pipe with a Bakelite stem. It's an Albertson Precious. I haven't smoked it lately as the screw tenon is worn out. I need to fix it and it may be one of my projects over the Christmas holiday. She is dedicated to lakelands so I need her back in rotation. I like the stem. It's easy on the teeth but it breaks down over time so I refrain from clenching. You can probably see from the picture that the button is about gone.20210419_184537.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Barling_249.jpg

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Misery ( PAD debt ) loves company ! 😂😩
I actually checked it out the day you posted yours. It's a beauty but I just bought 2 pipes and have a commission lined up. A Bakelite stem is coming as soon as the wallet recovers.
I have one pipe with a Bakelite stem. It's an Albertson Precious. I haven't smoked it lately as the screw tenon is worn out. I need to fix it and it may be one of my projects over the Christmas holiday. She is dedicated to lakelands so I need her back in rotation. I like the stem. It's easy on the teeth but it breaks down over time so I refrain from clenching. You can probably see from the picture that the button is about gone.View attachment 260434
What a cool pipe! That stem is huge.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have one pipe with a Bakelite stem. It's an Albertson Precious. I haven't smoked it lately as the screw tenon is worn out. I need to fix it and it may be one of my projects over the Christmas holiday. She is dedicated to lakelands so I need her back in rotation. I like the stem. It's easy on the teeth but it breaks down over time so I refrain from clenching. You can probably see from the picture that the button is about gone.View attachment 260434
When was that made? I wonder what is different in Bakelite now vs then.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Ok, this 2014 Frog Morton Bayou has aged really well. It’s exactly how wine ages, flavours are less pronounced but something magical about the marriage of it all. Last night I smoked some of this and thoroughly enjoyed. My taste buds were racing all day today, so here I am again. This time in a Bringham Klondike Bulldog. I may just smoke the entire lot! Have another tin in waiting.

IMG_5208.jpeg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Whimsical in my 1978 Root Briar ODA.

7209-B9-E5-EC56-415-D-94-A2-7-F1-D24481-ABF.png

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I posted on another thread that Dad turned 101 last week
To mark his milestone I’m taking out a couple of pipes from his birth year 1922
He was a cigarette smoker.
I remember seeing tins (50 sticks) of Players Navy Cut and when these were no longer available, packs of Peter Stuyvesant and Benson&Hedges

First up is a GBD bent bulldog with tapered vulcanite stem

First bowl of Esoterica Tilbury.
Since Dad smoked cigarettes only, I thought a Virginia blend was appropriate

ADAF3826-2E53-425B-AE75-40AFD330F9B4.jpeg594C7F1D-BD72-45F8-A541-3F05B03F770A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.