PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Late afternoon/early evening bowl of Sutliffe 507-C in the Vauen Olaf bent egg ... the last batch was clearly hay, bread, honey, lemon and tea flavored. This batch so far tastes like vanilla cream soda and bread. A relative volunteered (unsolicited) that it smelled like vanilla perfume. Maybe it got mixed up with something at the factory. Tastes good just not the usual tea honey lemon.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Be sure to show pics, how it’s coloring... 🤔

I post new pics each time I smoke any of my pipes, so any progress in terms of colouring that might be occurring, you’ve seen—which is very little, since at present, I actually wear a white cotton glove when handling it—I’m not keen on it getting soiled or grubby looking from skin oils like my unfinished Savinelli Corallo di Mare pipes. After I smoke it, I disassemble, and wipe the rim with alcohol to prevent lava build up and even wipe out the chamber to get all the tars out so the presentation box doesn’t get all funky when the pipe goes “back to sleep” after use. I’ve only smoked it a handful of times since getting it, and it hasn’t changed that much. I imagine it will naturally darken a bit over time from heat and oxidation, but its exposure to air and light is fairly minimal since it goes back in the blue box after use.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Louisiana Broken in my Castello bent bulldog.

9364-F7-B7-BFE8-4191-A424-74-F1543-DAFBD.png

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Earlier today, several bowls of Watch City Stubb's Pipe in a Georg Jensen bent brandy. This is the rare blend that I've smoked so much that I have it dialed in and can pack it standing up holding the pipe and the tobacco pouch at the same time. It's so easy to pack and smoke. Sometimes I wonder why it isn't the only blend I smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and half a rack of ribs with gree beans dinner. Dessert was a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream. I'm half way through this bowl of Sutliff Whimsical (Signature Series) in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-A's game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.