john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
Earlier, Uhle’s 00 in a Pete Junior Lovat

View attachment 210499

Now smoking Patriot Flake in a Radice Silk Cut

View attachment 210500
I am thinking to order some Patriot Flake or Hamborger Veermaster. How does it compare to others blends of this genre (straight Virginia)?

This week i will have G.L Pease Union Square. In the next order, I'm thinking for another one straight Virginia. I want some very good quality straight Virginia. My choices are between:
-Dan Patriot Flakes
-Dan Hamborger Veermaster
-Peterson Flake
-Orlik Golden Sliced
-Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Back in the garage with the Peterson Bard and a bowl of something well dried from a little pile on the workbench that smelled kind of good. Now playing “name that aro”, lol. Kind of overdid the “Home Alone” smoke in the house thing which I noticed after taking the dogs out for post-dinner business. May have to bake a loaf of bread tonight!40090C17-0836-4373-AE01-1DEF9A953CEC.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I am thinking to order some Patriot Flake or Hamborger Veermaster. How does it compare to others blends of this genre (straight Virginia)?

This week i will have G.L Pease Union Square. In the next order, I'm thinking for another one straight Virginia. I want some very good quality straight Virginia. My choices are between:
-Dan Patriot Flakes
-Peterson Flake
-Orlik Golden Sliced

I’ve only smoked Veermaster from your list, it’s a great straight VA.

These two are really great if you haven’t tried them.

John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake
KBV Mr. Christian’s Raven Eye Flake

Rattray’s Brown Clunee, I popped a tin for the first time, I’m finding this to be quite nice. I also have Old Gowrie, I’ve yet to try and a tin of Hal O’ The Wynd, I smoked a little a few years back, nice blend.

Richard987

Lurker
Dec 27, 2020
Saint Petersburg, Fl
Today I enjoyed a tobacco that I bought back in 2017. It's been sitting in my cellar there since then, called Pebble Cut, from the former tobacco company, MaClelland. Smoked it with my Italian Lorenzetti pipe. The tobacco has really improved since I bought it. When I first got it, it was good but not crazy about, now it has become dark and tastes fantastic. 😍 Any pipers familiar with that tobacco? 20230318_174417.jpg

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville

-Dan Patriot Flakes
-Peterson Flake
-Orlik Golden Sliced
Everyone will surely disagree with me but I think OGS is a real snooze and I don’t care if it’s sweet like Unicorn tears, I would never buy a product called “Patriot” but that’s my hang-up. The Sutliff Crumble is great as is Veermaster.
Are you hip to Watch City and Ken Byron Ventures? They’re making some incredible Virginia products these days. Old Dominion and 558 Flake at Watch City and Byronic Hiro and Jupiter plug at Ken Byron crush everything on your list in my opinion. The WC blends have Perique but so does OGS. Either way, puff it up and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.