PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Byronic Hiro in my small, cheap, charred and trusty Missouri Meerschaum Legend with a straight, cheap plastic stem. Twas a garbage week, I hope the next one is better. Absolutely loving this blend though. Gotta stay focused on the little joys no matter how small.

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
In honor of St. Patrick, today I am smoking my new Peterson's '23 St Patricks Day B24 stuffed with Peterson's Old Dublin (also a first). My lighter is a new Zippo with a pipe insert.

This is the first Perterson pipe I have ever owned, what an absolute delight! This pipe feels great in the hand and smokes beautifully.
I definitely like Old Dublin too! I'll have to order a few more tins for the cellar.

Happy and Blessed St. Patrick's Day everyone!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to William Conrad as Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke from my collection.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Onto my 2nd bowl of Sillem’s Black
On the cob

Sillem’s Black is one of my favourite blends and one I feel I know quite well - a very enjoyable crossover Latakia blend

Hot sunny day so 5mins out in the sun resulted in a nicely dry tobacco
Both bowls gravity fed and gently tapped
Both lit with just one match and no re-lights needed
Both smoked dry to the end with no dottle

The cob gave a very open, airy smoke for the 1st half then the flavours deepened and became richer

The meerschaum gave a much more mellow smoke with richer flavours from the outset and didn’t change much throughout

I preferred the smoke out of the meer

This concludes my cob vs ….
comparisons 😁
Back to my usual rotation from tomorrow

591FF692-73BE-4307-B75A-AD5D3AC8FADF.jpeg

8E4E740C-668A-49C7-9996-CAE308FD9C74.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.