PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
This is really encouraging to read. I've had an idea for a "prayer" meerschaum for a while... something to hand off to the family, and dedicated to a favorite blend, and a dedicated 1 or so of prayer. Thanks for posting, and condolences for your loss.

Now, I just gotta pick up that Altinay I've been eyeing...

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
UPDATE:

So this attempt may get cut short too now. Not because Im done with it though. I have a month of physical therapy coming up, and then after that the Dr is talking about a spinal fusion. Which I would need to stop smoking for quite some time during the healing process ...

What to do....
What to do....

I could just continue where I leave off, but I feel that would be pointless as far as smoking it for an entire year. I feel it will lose a lot of color.

So this may be a one meer for 4 or 5 months thread....

We shall see in the next month what the game plan is.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
UPDATE:

So this attempt may get cut short too now. Not because Im done with it though. I have a month of physical therapy coming up, and then after that the Dr is talking about a spinal fusion. Which I would need to stop smoking for quite some time during the healing process ...

What to do....
What to do....

I could just continue where I leave off, but I feel that would be pointless as far as smoking it for an entire year. I feel it will lose a lot of color.

Get your wife to pinch hit and smoke it every day until you can. Or your neighbor. Or the mailman. Hell, man, don’t leave us hanging!

In all seriousness, best of luck with whatever comes your way!

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
UPDATE:

What to do....
What to do....

Why would you feel it would LOSE a lot of color? I would think it would stay stable until you return to it.

Reactions: didimauw

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
UPDATE:

What to do....
What to do....

I don't mean this as medical advice, feel free to ignore.

When I was younger I injured my back several times, I was in several car crashes and motorcycle accidents, and have been diagnosed as having multiple disc herniations and bulges, facet joint arthritis, bone spurs, "degenerative disc disease", etc etc. I found these videos incredibly helpful:

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
UPDATE:

What to do....
What to do....

Do what the doctor and PT folks tell ya is best. I admire the commitment but we only get one spine each.

If you’re really wanting to keep the run alive, many folks of yore paid folks to color their meers, and I could use a side hustle, I’ve even got a fresh stem that would probably fit😆

All kidding aside, best of luck with the procedure and do what your told physically. Best results come from doing what you’re told (not what you think you can do) when it comes to ortho stuff.