PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant porterhouse steak, mashed potatoes and pork and beans dinner. Haven't had p&b in years. Then, I had half a plate of cheese nachos. Dessert will be m'lady's chocolate meringue pie once it's cooled enough. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a freshly made, half a sixteen inch chocolate meringue pie, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the final episode of Nero Wolfe starring Mr. Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Haha no offence taken. I’ve been called much worse than dick van dyke.

Interesting point about wearing the cap centrally. I purchased this newsboy a fortnight ago as I finally put a hole in my grandad’s cheese cutter which I’ve worn on and off for the last 20 years, but pretty much daily for the last year. (Don’t worry it’s still in use, just around the home)

I always wore his cap off to the side as maybe my head was a bit too big for the size. I guess it’s just how I became use to it. I’ll heed your advice and try it straight today. And don’t worry guvna, I ain’t never wearing it backwards like a 90s white boy playing basketball, not even for a minute.
Good Show! 👍
A bit of a tilt, is of course, perfectly acceptable on a young man like your good self. Set halfway back on your head however, is not advisable. 2 reasons for this, it'll blow off too easily in the slightest of breezes & secondly (more importantly) you'll look a total prat when you doff your cap to a lady. There's also a third reason, if you're partial to hiding a razor in the Peak, less likely to cut yourself if the cap is properly ensconced on one's bonce!
Here's the proper way to wear a cap, demonstrated by a London geezer.
View attachment 207514
"Cock your hats, angles are attitudes." - Frank Sinatra

Status
Not open for further replies.