PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
image.jpg
Charatan's Make Executive Extra Large Freehand Lane Era London, England with a black saddle comfort stem. Mai Tais, Scorpions, and Navy Grogs are on the menu tonight along with Kalua Pork Sliders on King's Hawaiian rolls, Rumaki, Island Shrimp, Deviled Eggs, and plenty of Aloha Spread and Maui Onion dip for crackers and Hawaiian chips. Cue Les Baker, Martin Denny, and Arthur Lyman as well as Don Tiki. The Natives are Restless Tonight. image.jpgimage.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
View attachment 208477
Charatan's Make Executive Extra Large Freehand Lane Era London, England with a black saddle comfort stem. Mai Tais, Scorpions, and Navy Grogs are on the menu tonight along with Kalua Pork Sliders on King's Hawaiian rolls, Rumaki, Island Shrimp, Deviled Eggs, and plenty of Aloha Spread and Maui Onion dip for crackers and Hawaiian chips. Cue Les Baker, Martin Denny, and Arthur Lyman as well as Don Tiki. The Natives are Restless Tonight. View attachment 208478View attachment 208480
Hmm, “Navy Grogs” caught my eye. A drink of sorts? Reminds me of the grog prepared for “Dinning In“ festivities I participated in the Army. It was a multi- spirited concoction. Have a great evening!

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
CBK cob Glenmorangie 50mph winds
WPnkmgOh.jpg

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
If you don’t mind my asking - you just drill it with a low rotation tool? Trough shank and stem? Read in the Fred Hanna book that that is the way to get a great smoke, interested in learning.
I have a hand held drill bit that I purchased from smoking pipes, just turned it by hand. It takes a little time, have to be gentle but firm. This was my first time using this and it worked for me. I’m not a pro, you might want to get other advise on the procedure from more experienced pipe technicians. B7350DFF-F2FF-4E9C-9F35-F2C31C26DDEC.png

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
View attachment 208477
Charatan's Make Executive Extra Large Freehand Lane Era London, England with a black saddle comfort stem. Mai Tais, Scorpions, and Navy Grogs are on the menu tonight along with Kalua Pork Sliders on King's Hawaiian rolls, Rumaki, Island Shrimp, Deviled Eggs, and plenty of Aloha Spread and Maui Onion dip for crackers and Hawaiian chips. Cue Les Baker, Martin Denny, and Arthur Lyman as well as Don Tiki. The Natives are Restless Tonight. View attachment 208478View attachment 208480
A fellow Tiki-phile! Aloha. You stick with known cocktails, like those listed, completely or invent your own as well?

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Hmm, “Navy Grogs” caught my eye. A drink of sorts? Reminds me of the grog prepared for “Dinning In“ festivities I participated in the Army. It was a multi- spirited concoction. Have a great evening!
Mai Tais, Scorpions, and Navy Grogs are all tiki themed cocktails. There are numerous recipes for each one, so I won't get into specifics. Recipes are available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.