PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Now Smoking: Just finished blending up a Micro-Batch and recreating January 1946's Award Winning 'My Favorite Blend' contest winner for that month from Pipe Lovers Magazine; which was submitted by M.B. White, of Des Moines, Iowa 77 Years ago, and taste-sipping it in a little 4" Old German Clay 'Cutty' 11 with Ship & Archor. For those who wish to read the details and recipe of this blend, here's the link to recreating it: Recreating JAN1946 Blend Pipe Lovers Magazine Winner
09_JAN1946.jpg

It's a good smoke!

I will blend-up some more later tonight. - Sherm Natman

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
The wind has picked up here as well, but I did not make such good choices for my second bowl of the day. Sutliff Victorian in my Big Ben Ranger. It tasted good enough at points, but I singed my mouth in a few places trying to get it lit, and then the wind made it burn a little hot the rest of the time.

My Dr Grabow Omega has very similar dimensions to your Erica -- that plus a windcap, and maybe a cube-cut blend, would have worked much better!
Final bowl of the night was Match Late Evening in the Erica ... a cloudless sky and full moon lighting up the woods like dusk or early sunrise ... a Hunter's Moon perhaps ? Maybe not though because the wind chill is about 10-15degrees and all the critters are safely tucked into their burrows so no game tonight (they're not stupid and don't smoke pipes!).

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Smoking a bowl of Carter Hall in a Sunrise Featherweight apple.
Sunrise-Featherweight-apple-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.