PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Still struggling to get good briar by the looks of things.
Still, with the tricolour & a tweed sock they’ll sell thousands.

Reactions: Streeper541

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
That was a nice one. I like the engraved Celtic band on the 2017. I'm curious how the green holds up...does it darken or fade?
Green dye tends to turn brown from being exposed to heat. I guess that’s just the nature of green dye.

I think over the years they tried different types of finishes, but it didn’t resolve the problem.

I stripped a 2018 106 and re-dyed it myself. It’s developing some light brown on the rim, but I can re-stain it if I want…

13AE2594-9BB3-48BF-ABF9-FC838815FF2B.jpeg

The only green pipe I’ve seen hold it’s color is the Venturi…

A10E88DB-9E12-4E7E-9A9F-64A30B33A44E.png

Reactions: Deano

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Green dye tends to turn brown from being exposed to heat. I guess that’s just the nature of green dye.

I think over the years they tried different types of finishes, but it didn’t resolve the problem.

I stripped a 2018 106 and re-dyed it myself. It’s developing some light brown on the rim, but I can re-stain it if I want…

View attachment 197153

The only green pipe I’ve seen hold it’s color is the Venturi…

View attachment 197155
Good job on the re-dye. It looks really good. 👍

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
Saw the new St.Patrick’s Day 2023 pipes today.
New look, no green stem.
Has an Irish flag band.
It’s toned down quit a bit.

Reactions: scloyd

Smokebacca

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Texas
I'm hoping that this may be my chance to find a 53 with an acrylic stem. I asked Shane Ireland about them one time and he didn't think they could make them to specs with acrylic. But, I'm always looking. Normally, I don't collect or get excited about holiday pipes, but this 25th anniversary St. Paddy's looks so classy with the Irish flag-inspired bands and those tweed socks.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
But...but...as they emphasized "THEY WILL NEVER RETURN!!!" Don't let chumps and haters deter you you from getting your rusticated, non serialized, tweedless pipe with an acrylic stem that will only bring a feeling of dissatisfaction,. regret, and disdain to the pit of your stomach. Don't you dare let them make you feel like you're the one getting shut out in the cold and that you'd be purchasing the inferior pipe just because you prefer an acrylic stem. So, jump on that dog pile and let the FOMO take hold and embrace the consolation prize of getting short changed👍. P.S. They are handsome pipes.