Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I will likely be cremated since plots are expensive and probably just my sister and daughter would be around to visit.

Just a simple box or urn is sufficient, ideally in a discreet yet open place in my daughter's home so I can watch her grow.

It's weird how having children changes you. At one point I was aeemingly chasing my grave. Now I hope I can make it passed 58, unlike my father, grandfather, and great grandfather.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I’ve explicitly told my children to have me cremated and spread my ashes somewhere
Same here.
Ashes back to the earth.

Screw a head stone and grave site nobody will visit and just cost a bunch of money. Here in Texas you can get cremated in a cardboard box for 1200. Done

I told mine to throw some out in a random farm field to be toiled back into the soil, throw some out on a mountain and the rest dump in the sea.

They have the memories of me, that's enough.

As a Geologist, I'd appreciate my elements going back to where they came from.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Just a simple box or urn is sufficient, ideally in a discreet yet open place in my daughter's home so I can watch her grow.

I'm not judging here, but rather curious how others perceive death.

Do you really believe that a box or urn with your ashes in it will enable your consciousness, or soul, or whatever, to watch anything that happens after you pass?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I’ve explicitly told my children to have me cremated and spread my ashes somewhere
My best friend was shot and killed by the local sheriff's department in 2011 at 21 years old. He always told his mom he wanted to be shot out of fireworks. That following 4th of July we watched him go out in a bang.

I'll also be cremated. Losing both my parents at the age of 57, I know how expensive it is.