PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Pulled pork sandwich with a handful of baby dill pickles.
Dill pickles.....is there anything they can't do? I'm channeling Homer Simpson.
they can't buy alcohol or get a job. Even if they grew legs and arms they couldn't get a drivers license. Though they could help forge world peace, I mean who doesn't like pickles? It's good to start negotiations on common grounds. "You're countries mean but I love pickles too, you guys might not be so bad". You know so it evens out.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Kimchi fried rice. It's like hotdog of S. Korean cooking, or cold cereal. If you're out of things to eat, or don't feel like going extra, KFR it is.

View attachment 195329
And it's just so darn good. In fact the first time I tried Kimchi fried rice I remember clearly thinking this is so good but I can't tell why at all.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Kimchi fried rice. It's like hotdog of S. Korean cooking, or cold cereal. If you're out of things to eat, or don't feel like going extra, KFR it is.

View attachment 195329
You're a snazzy cook, sir. love your food.
Kimchi fried rice is one of my favourites and it only takes 10 or so minutes.
On our plates a fried egg ( sunny side up ) is on top .
My friend ferments our kimchi herself , simply delicious.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I caught back to back episodes of Andrew Zimmerman's Delicious Destinations yesterday: one set in Dublin & the other in County Cork... Then I got a hankerin'

Potatoes, cabbage, a pan seared pork chop & a pint. Mmmmm....
View attachment 196912
Please share about the gravy. A large American would like to know more.

That large American is me.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The gravy is just an "Irish Pub Gravy" I came up with years ago. It's a twist on a brown onion gravy.
Made with 1/2 Beef Stock, 1/2 Irish Stout (I prefer Murphy's), sweet yellow onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, salt & pepper.
Yum!

I spent part of the weekend reviewing Shepherd's/Cottage pie recipes for our 3/17 dinner and found out King Arthur makes a special flour for Irish baking - a couple bags arriving today for the "pantry".

Added to meat and peas, that gravy sounds like what would be tasty "guts" of a good Shepherd's Pie.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Yum!

I spent part of the weekend reviewing Shepherd's/Cottage pie recipes for our 3/17 dinner and found out King Arthur makes a special flour for Irish baking - a couple bags arriving today for the "pantry".

Added to meat and peas, that gravy sounds like what would be tasty "guts" of a good Shepherd's Pie.

I'm eating my leftover shepards pie for lunch right now! Home grown rosemary, minced lamb, mmmmm potatoes on top

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Alpha course tomorrow night. Have made a traditional Welsh dish. Cawl (pronounced the same as the word cowl in English, like an engine cowl)
Basically a chunky veg and meat soup.
Enough for about 20. Served with cheese and bread. IMG_20230124_170218.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
It’s 25 degrees out with enough wind to be “holy crap” cold. But rib night is rib night, dang it! The pit barrel is up to the task! Happy smokes, everyone! View attachment 196315
Brings back some memories. Not the bqq. On my 16th b-day, friends and I went to Whitestone bridge for drinks. Had few bottles of cheap whiskeys and other stuff. There was 50 gal drum by the river. Of course, we thought it would be fun to set it on fire. Rest of the night, we were chased by NY's finest by a helicopter. What a way to spend 16th b-day.