PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Several pages behind, the kids and plus one (and he’s a good guy, way to go girl) are gone and arctic weather is gone for about three days, snow melted and near 60 degrees! Deck! Starting with Irish Breakfast tea with Peterson University Flake in a Peterson K&P Xmas ‘22 XL 11 - a good pipe for taking a breather and a good companion! A6650FA3-A59D-4017-B5DA-A171CADECE05.jpegimage.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Shaping up to be a two pipe day for me, due to the unusually warm morning (low 50s). After our usual Sabbath breakfast, it seemed natural to throw my robe over my PJs and have a morning smoke on the deck in the sun. Went with my old VA standby, Ashton Gold Rush, in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian, which worked out perfectly since it was already previously dried. Cup of Earl Grey tea with that. Planning on going lunting after lunch to work off some of my last two dinners; leaning toward Sutliff Lavish English #17 in my MM Country Gent. Bird report (so far): White-breasted nuthatch, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, Oak titmouse, Mountain chickadee, California thrasher. House finch, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, Red-tailed hawk, and Western bluebird.

Happy weekend everyone!

stefano.jpg

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Started the day with C&D Three Friars in a Grabow Royal Duke straight smooth apple. Continued with C&D Derringer in the same pipe. The nylon stems on these pipes are more comfortable than acrylic and don't oxidize. I find myself wanting more Grabows as this one gets overworked in the rotation. Sipping some Belfast Punjana black strong tea with a splash of milk. Listening to various classical music stations on TuneIn internet radio and catching up with some neglected issues of National Review. I miss WFB!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Soon a “pre-packed” forum influenced bowl! @Chasing Embers encouraged my interest in a Christmas themed pipe from J. Everett a couple of years ago (stay tuned for the ‘22 version) and I got a really old tin of Dunhill Ye Old Signe from Secret Santa @captainsousie last year (he also very generously included an old Comoy’s Canadian which is having a little stem work done by @georged, along with another pipe previously owned by @ssjones). Happy Christmas season! Great way to get back into the forum after a great Thanksgiving! 🙏 ✌️ 🎄1889704E-BDF0-4C88-8C21-5D519EEDB73B.jpeg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Soon a “pre-packed” forum influenced bowl! @Chasing Embers encouraged my interest in a Christmas themed pipe from J. Everett a couple of years ago (stay tuned for the ‘22 version) and I got a really old tin of Dunhill Ye Old Signe from Secret Santa @captainsousie last year (he also very generously included an old Comoy’s Canadian which is having a little stem work done by @georged, along with another pipe previously owned by @ssjones). Happy Christmas season! Great way to get back into the forum after a great Thanksgiving! 🙏 ✌️ 🎄View attachment 183506
Almost there.

IMG_5578.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Getting ready to go on an adventure with some Wild Turkey 101🦃 and some Tabac De La Semois: Reserve du Patron, maybe I'll wander the paths of Mirkwood and visit Lake-town...View attachment 183512
A Hugg and a Doran.

I had those and a Friddo about seven years ago. Really great pipes.👍 Crazy how much they've jumped in price, back then they were $95.
img_20160103_085359.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.