PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im

I’m going to have to give that recipe a try, it sounds delicious. I eat Indian food more than any other and always cook my own from traditional recipes. I just got some Amchur (sp?) powder for the butternut squash and sweet potato curry I’m making for the weekend, I’ll enjoy that with tandoori chicken thighs and naan which I do get from a restaurant as it’s not the same if you don’t use a tandoor.

Let me know how it goes. This one is quite different than what you get in Indian restaurants in USA.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Let me know how it goes. This one is quite different than what you get in Indian restaurants in USA.
Will do. A lot of the Indian food in Britain is really only semi traditional but it varies in different regions. Like Ashdigger I was a chef in earlier days but my mum loved to cook Indian cuisine which is where my love for it came from.

Will do. A lot of the Indian food in Britain is really only semi traditional but it varies in different regions. Like Ashdigger I was a chef in earlier days but my mum loved to cook Indian cuisine which is where my love for it came from.
Since you are from Britain - This dish may have a European origin. Kolkata was the capital/ chief command center of British India, so there are many local dishes that may have been originally European but modified to local taste over 100+ years.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Basil's paying a visit, and loves how dark this pipe is now. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Basil's, too. He's smoking WhiteKnight 10th Anniversary.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.