PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time for some lunch.
Molina_Apple.jpg

And for those of you who are on the Group W bench, this song is for you.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
This is Paul’s Arrowhead Pipe Club Mixture, in the Savinelli classic red billiard, leftover coffee re-heated with whole milk, plus a shot of dry mix vanilla caramel latté…contemplating prep of the Thanksgiving day victuals.

I tightly packed some of the blend in the base of the bowl to cut down on the juice, kinda worked, but the latter half of the bowl sizzled and crackled non-stop, especially with a draw. Maybe I should set some out for an hour beforehand, see what happens.

View attachment 183119
I like your stand!...

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Latakia Virginia Bright in my first but rarely smoked briar.

20221125_203352 - Copy.jpg

@Chaukisch I think the vanilla & maple syrup flavour Cavendish should go very well with the honey 🍯 & lemon 🍋 flavours of the Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf 🍃 for the "Clay King 👑"!
I just hope it doesn't keep overpowering my own concoctions. It's pretty aromatic stuff, that Danish style Black Cavendish.
Get a proper meal and a pint to fight that tiredness, have a pipe or three afterwards and rest well. ;) I think that drink with lemon juice and hot water goes best with plain sugar, maybe I just think that because I know it that way from childhood. Fennel honey in hot milk is another great thing.

I am from India, so my Thanksgiving lunch would look different from others. Also, we don’t cook much at home anymore.

For Thanksgiving lunch I cooked after a long time (And a recipe which would sound simple but very difficult to get right)

It is a Chicken Cutlet … however the recipe from Kolkata India calls for marinating the chicken in Thai Birds Eye Chilli Pepper paste , Fresh Red Onion paste, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste and vinegar before breading and frying. If you get it right, you will get a mild kick from the pepper, and mild nuances from everything else. It’s a very subtle recipe and the chicken comes out very juicy.

I can happily report I got it exactly right, even though I cooked it entirely from memory. My wife commented that it is better than what you get in a restaurant in Kolkata, India and my son was very happy about it well.

Now I am smoking Gawith Hoggarth and Company Dark Flake Aromatic in a Sixten Ivarsson Peewit

CA9D2CFF-C657-453E-967C-F73DCE2F31DB.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I am from India, so my Thanksgiving lunch would look different from others. Also, we don’t cook much at home anymore.

For Thanksgiving lunch I cooked after a long time (And a recipe which would sound simple but very difficult to get right)

It is a Chicken Cutlet … however the recipe from Kolkata India calls for marinating the chicken in Thai Birds Eye Chilli Pepper paste , Fresh Red Onion paste, fresh ginger paste, fresh garlic paste and vinegar before breading and frying. If you get it right, you will get a mild kick from the pepper, and mild nuances from everything else. It’s a very subtle recipe and the chicken comes out very juicy.

I can happily report I got it exactly right, even though I cooked it entirely from memory. My wife commented that it is better than what you get in a restaurant in Kolkata, India and my son was very happy about it well.

Now I am smoking Gawith Hoggarth and Company Dark Flake Aromatic in a Sixten Ivarsson Peewit

View attachment 183162
My mother's family is Armenian so our Thanksgiving incorporates some nonstandard dishes too, like a buttery rice pilaf and boereg (think spinach pie, but with cheese instead of spinach).

Here is our meza (appetizer) spread with various pickled vegetables, stuffed grape leaves and cabbage, olives, and charcuterie (sujek and pastiama). Hummus, tabouli, garlic spread and pitas were also served.

Attachments

• 20221124_084517.jpg
    20221124_084517.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 8

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Latakia Virginia Bright in my first but rarely smoked briar.

View attachment 183161

I just hope it doesn't keep overpowering my own concoctions. It's pretty aromatic stuff, that Danish style Black Cavendish.
Get a proper meal and a pint to fight that tiredness, have a pipe or three afterwards and rest well. ;) I think that drink with lemon juice and hot water goes best with plain sugar, maybe I just think that because I know it that way from childhood. Fennel honey in hot milk is another great thing.
@Chaukisch Many thanks 👍, feeling a bit better now!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a pre-1940s straight smooth brown Sutliff St. James (Comoy’s) spiral billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_SJ_Spiral.jpg

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Happy Thanksgiving to all the U.S. folks on here. Am having a quiet restful day. Didnt do any special cooking today. Friends and family are gathered elsewhere. Didn't want anybody getting sick, since I'm still coughing. Watching a little World Cup. And reading this forum. Have a great day all.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Feeling weak and tired today during my volunteer day with the Don Catchment Rivers Trust; lost my appetite and off the beer 🍺 & pipeweed...
Made myself a hot honey 🍯 and lemon 🍋 drink to soothe my throat; in effect "Clay King 👑" in a mug:)
Still fancy trying the lemon 🍋 peel infused mead like @Chaukisch is spraying the Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf for the "Clay King 👑". I could use the lemon 🍋 juice to make a hot honey 🍯 and lemon 🍋 drink like @Chaukisch recommends.
He says the "Clay King 👑" needs more honey 🍯, lemon 🍋 & mead to really make it shine as bright as that fantastic looking Gold Lemon 🍋 Virginia leaf!
Hope I get better soon!
Feel better Dan!

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California

@ cshubhra, I am a huge fan of Indian cuisine, a dear friend cooks kabobs and chicken curry and so many other Indian dishes on a regular basis. Your recipe sounds fantastic. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Status
Not open for further replies.