PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Swan Vestas have always been my preference (100 matches in a box!)
Lighters for show, matches for a pro.
The fact that I also have an old boy & several clippers is completely immaterial. Joking aside, nothing lights a pipe better than a match.
For the life of me, I can rarely find any Swan Vestas for sale. Can you point me in the right direction? I love my Arangos, but if I can get 100 in a box and save a few dollars, well, that'd be cool.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I don’t have the patience for pipe lighters which either require too much fiddling (Xikar), run out of fuel just when needed (Zippo), or have striking wheels that are too hard to turn (Djeep). I use Swedish Three Star matches. Swan Vestas we’re best, but I just can’t find them anymore.
None of those problems with an Old Boy.

Reactions: simong

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
For the life of me, I can rarely find any Swan Vestas for sale. Can you point me in the right direction? I love my Arangos, but if I can get 100 in a box and save a few dollars, well, that'd be cool.
As I’m not in the states, whichever direction I could point you in would be of little use I fear.
Don’t feel too bad though, Swan Vesta changed to a ‘safety match’ 3-4 years ago. Still a good match, just not as ‘exciting’ lol.

Reactions: woodsroad

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I like matches. I like their smell, but also the taste they leave at first. But I can't use them often, because the cost would be high.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I like matches. I like their smell, but also the taste they leave at first. But I can't use them often, because the cost would be high.
I don't know if they ship to Greece, but Dollar Tree has 300 count matches for $1.25 a box (and 24 boxes to ship).

Seems reasonably priced with a lot of bang for your buck to me ... unless you are currently going through 2 lighters a day (it's a reference to the comedian Bill Hicks). Maybe @Christos D. Tsatsaronis or @karam can provide suggestions or matches in Greece.

john19

Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I don't know if they ship to Greece, but Dollar Tree has 300 count matches for $1.25 a box (and 24 boxes to ship).

Seems reasonably priced with a lot of bang for your buck to me ... unless you are currently going through 2 lighters a day (it's a reference to the comedian Bill Hicks). Maybe @Christos D. Tsatsaronis or @karam can provide suggestions or matches in Greece.
First of all, I'm talking about big matches. I find the small ones at good prices. But I have to look it up, maybe I can find better prices.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss
Status
Not open for further replies.