PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
@The Amish Tyrant Which do you think will impress the Redcoats most???
All hail the clay king!
Both have great capabilities to impress. I suppose it depends on your competition as well as mood.

Some times I puff like a train (and should grab what Redcoats would.call.a.rookie or ciggie instead). Other times I enjoy the calm, slow pace. So long as you enjoy your your smoke, it doesn't matter who is impressed.

May your smoke be heavy and you worries light. All hail the clay king.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Both have great capabilities to impress. I suppose it depends on your competition as well as mood.

Some times I puff like a train (and should grab what Redcoats would.call.a.rookie or ciggie instead). Other times I enjoy the calm, slow pace. So long as you enjoy your your smoke, it doesn't matter who is impressed.

May your smoke be heavy and you worries light. All hail the clay king.
@The Amish Tyrant @Brendan @Chasing Embers @jpmcwjr @brian64 I can almost smell all that pipe smoke - and some of it will be mine when I take part!
I could probably suck down a full packet of pipe baccy over the re-enactment weekend:)
All hail the clay king!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@brian64 @Chasing Embers @coming to_falling too @Brendan @jpmcwjr @The Amish Tyrant I find it difficult to smoke Condor as fast as the guys in the video - they must have changed the blend since production moved to Poland. Can't get any Clan at the moment and need to cut down on the pipeweed to improve my health, save money and reduce plastic waste. I always seem to get a bit of unburned tobacco in the bottom of the pipe; which could disqualify me as all combustible material has to have gone from the pipe...
Need to practice with Clan for the speed smoking and St Bruno Ready Rubbed for the slow smoke.
C&D Yorktown is good for fast smoking as it's fairly dry; Condor is more moist. But I like the flavour and strength of Condor. This Redcoat needs a strong baccy at times:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@brian64 @Chasing Embers @coming to_falling too @Chaukisch @Brendan @jpmcwjr @The Amish Tyrant @simong Old Photo of the Egremont Crab Fair pipe smoking competition from 1983: Egremont Crab Fair & World Gurning Championships - 0004110W000 NOSTALGIA - Egremont Crab Fair - September 1983 Threatening rain clouds hovered over Egremont for much of the day , but only after the bulk of the traditional Crab Fair events had taken place did they burst during late evening. 83 year old Dodger Pattinson who competed in Crab Fair events for many years pictured taking part in the pipe smokers contest. | Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EgremontCrabFairWorldGurningChampionships/photos/basw.Abqi5vkRRe3rtcyvZKV-FQkWbKK0gOlXLdBF4OjZUnh-hmBbUoZRW8nrCT9QmoLqQdh7TePlzyecPiiuou5-48YZbDkey946e6tdCnibdTfgDtUV1x0lqLQlHxYwN1F4Bl5jmROqI4Qbob5YpwwGPbuk/468563203184591/?opaqueCursor=Abpsq9-TOF8JowY5JjaduACUufOTwaRS4GuQoDD19DkFRM-LH5w1jwVN4z9BzS_477XAwRHTSqg7JSAKzeDj6MbwJNFjRoXaUPvK3jL3K08tr8gJW9J636keb5aG_BzMI3wzNzAxXnyJlQ6CGNEIgx5Xi4Nw27t3SRkJYnapFc2K_ebOUhgsVvtPkhIqCPx69GTQ621rsgkjHX2QGQzVvMfKHM-vZnD2-bnahu0URIcKfYE7L_3SwnaQHEbpyzw9I6rmguvJ8a5SH2gVp7aNsF6fYGU3tc4-q1bHm9a08OHMClzhguBOTEQsh7dkVnycbqdsbtZLSI97oeiWiHpXkB74rYGX2yxpDyn0425AZl7Umzfcib0yChuzhnJG3cWr-PIv0kCphUsqacilTI4CU-rFNchu1-VKSfHn91WB4X67sdv3VSfS7dDSS2dDnMSCIpv8wX_W1R_NX5qs2gUOk6Wrg7W6-UCyn0ARZ9IoW5so_cRKx6QOdjUzUwX0-unz0cIkY1xX4AF48qlgJnkdae-oVWHOxM40-Ug1O6G25XFKLeqOKZ23PoVCfDQWmrSPCP16PL1A8ktnM4mExW1rzyB75W-iu9uDGMskbvqTwPy755Dl7jIkDRD969erbVbpTZdd31BRFQk1obz6omgzmIYq-PrKwdQjuJtxLWK2m8U2buibZ2K4ovFTut63L0VnfgsTi1-T0JkMmoiy-n3UiqAiK-bhtW271cyLDY-76usi7Un8yZAxUdCjstBrtyySNaTOecMhW44OafWNFJzNe5aVUyVNTB0PatRmhWTO3oo28KrLP8TmuqnZTB7d-iN00uiFVGqRR-FXQGny_2wLxYAH

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@The Amish Tyrant @Chaukisch @Chasing Embers This Redcoat must be full of beer 🍺 and baccy now after visiting the UK pipe show in Nottingham today:)
Man it went down well!!!
Dad thinks I live on beer 🍺 and pipeweed:)
4 pints of beer 🍺 and lots of delicious 😋 pipe baccy!
Feel refreshed but not drunk, I really liked the smell of all that pipe smoke - and some of it was mine!
Nottingham didn't get the smog they were expecting - and I think all our pipe smoke offset them replacing diesel buses with biogas:)
I wore my Redcoat (AKA my smoking jacket - @condorlover1:)) and met a Sealed Knot pikeman although he didn't come in costume.
I wrote a short story about the Sealed Knot re-enactors going to the pub the night before the UK smoking ban in 2007 where they all get dressed up and have a good drinking and smoking session. Well that's what today was like:)
Now I know how the pub would have smelled when the Sealed Knot went there!
Didn't see anyone else smoking a clay pipe though...

Status
Not open for further replies.