PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Probably wouldn't hurt Dan, sorry, Clay King, to buy a packet of Clan and keep the empty pack, re use it as your tobacco pouch if you like the tartan design.
@Brendan Great idea; I've used Clan packet tartan to make borders in card making; re-using the empty packet is a good way of dealing with plastic waste.
I always get more plastic than anything else while litter picking and during my river clean-up work...
I found a Condor packet while litter picking; Dad and Anthony say it was mine as I've got a clay pipe:)
Dad says when I went to see the Sealed Knot, re-using the empty packet didn't offset the emissions from burning the tobacco...

• Haha
Reactions: Brendan

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoke on Clay King!

Dan, tobacco does not put off emissions.. What measures are you taking to prevent farting? Now methane is a big no no.
@Richmond B. Funkenhouser Just downed a clay pipe in 55 seconds!
Going to smoke a clay when I go to the Lace Wars event at Cromford Mill next month.
I managed 20 minutes out of a clay pipe of baccy last week; good but could do better:)
What do you think will impress the Redcoats most; smoking a clay pipe as fast as possible or keeping it lit the longest???
The clay king needs to rest his clays and lungs ready for the Lace Wars event next month:)
Probably be coughing up gunpowder and pipe smoke for a week after:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Nice work Dan, kudos to you and your environmental work as well ?
I reckoned you would have already been al over that, it's good to find a use for pouches that haven't been converted to the Government Mandated plain packaging bullshit.
Enjoy them while we can.
@Brendan For some reason pipe baccy pouches still have the colour schemes and branding but are still plastered with health warnings...
I think the Counterblaste to Tobacco was well ahead of its time:)

Reactions: Brendan

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'd go St Bruno, because it will be well received by the ladies and wenches.

Not that I've smoked any of those but St Bruno is on my hit list personally.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above to be fair.
@Brendan I think St Bruno would smoke well in a clay pipe.
The slow smoking competition I read about uses St Bruno Ready Rubbed in the clay pipes.
The clay king will probably suck down a packet of pipe baccy in 2 days:)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wow! Now we say "Just say no", instead of thousands of words. The following is the final paragraph:

"Have you not reason then to bee ashamed, and to forbeare this filthie noveltie, so basely grounded, so foolishly received and so grossely mistaken in the right use thereof? In your abuse thereof sinning against God, harming your selves both in persons and goods, and raking also thereby the markes and notes of vanitie upon you: by the custome thereof making your selves to be wondered at by all forraine civil Nations, and by all strangers that come among you, to be scorned and contemned. A custome lothsome to the eye, hatefull to the Nose, harmefull to the braine, dangerous to the Lungs, and in the blacke stinking fume thereof, neerest resembling the horrible Stigian smoke of the pit that is bottomelesse."

Never had seen that doc. Thank you!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@brian64 @Brendan @Chasing Embers @The Amish Tyrant It's part of Egremont Crab Fair / World Gurning Championships on the weekend of 16th / 17th September but it's too short notice and same weekend as Derbyshire Woodland Festival which I'm more interested in...
Maybe another year; I'll have to put it on my bucket list.
Here's a recap of the video that started my competition practice:
I notice the Condor packet on the table in the second video; it would have been Irish Condor back then.
The organiser says they use Clan Original for the clay pipe smoking competition, so I bought a packet to practice with!

Status
Not open for further replies.