PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
I spent the last hour looking through our building's dumpster and I am sad to report that I didn't find my pipe. Maybe I should of given it another hour but it was rather hot there. I am also out $20 as I gave that to our super to allow me to look as he said it was a liability. He did let me borrow a pair of long black rubber gloves I guess they are the sort people who work in waste management wear but they looked a little like ones you see in the windows of adult bookstores. I guess I will smoke my Falcon now with the meer bowl which my spouse doesn't know about.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ain't no marriage counselor, or any kind of counselor. But trying to be helpful, I'll pose a few rhetorical questions. Have you thrown out any of her possessions without asking? Is there some reason she couldn't have discussed her unpleasant association with your pipe with you and reached some accommodation, like not smoking it around her and keeping it out of sight? Now anything you lose or misplace yourself will feel like another item confiscated by her. Is that acceptable to her? I think you two need to talk, maybe with the help of a professional. Intimate partners accept different boundaries, but they do have boundaries. Trust is a problem here, it would seem. And, sorry if I am overstepping my boundaries here. No response is expected. It's between you and her.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I ain't no marriage counselor, or any kind of counselor. But trying to be helpful, I'll pose a few rhetorical questions. Have you thrown out any of her possessions without asking? Is there some reason she couldn't have discussed her unpleasant association with your pipe with you and reached some accommodation, like not smoking it around her and keeping it out of sight? Now anything you lose or misplace yourself will feel like another item confiscated by her. Is that acceptable to her? I think you two need to talk, maybe with the help of a professional. Intimate partners accept different boundaries, but they do have boundaries. Trust is a problem here, it would seem. And, sorry if I am overstepping my boundaries here. No response is expected. It's between you and her.
You are a very tactful man MSO
Nice post

Jan 27, 2020
I assume nasty in this case means nasty rotten person. If I am right then what is one pipe compared to not bringing up reminders of a nasty uncle. And FYI the more people insist they'd react a certain hardline way online, the less inclined I am to believe them.

Hi anotherbob, you make a lot of sense. Yes, he was a nasty bugger and smoked mentholated cigarettes. Sometimes I think people on the internet give advice they don't give themselves and some act like they are 6' tall while they are only 5'. They might even have their tubes tied!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi anotherbob, you make a lot of sense. Yes, he was a nasty bugger and smoked mentholated cigarettes. Sometimes I think people on the internet give advice they don't give themselves and some act like they are 6' tall while they are only 5'. They might even have their tubes tied!
they forget about details, at least i do :).i can also say there are some things in life that if you have experienced them you spot them right away, but if you haven't they're invisible. Example if she just thought it was nasty gross, she'd 3have asked you to throw it away. And the landscaping guy mowing the grass herd is a doucheface, giving people dirty looks for waiting at the bus stop

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Some of us know from personal life experience what we are talking about, and are simply, in good fellowship, trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.