PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
View attachment 137966I'm trying to figure out these VA blends. I packed a full bowl of GL Pease's Union Square this morning around 11. I've left it and come back to it around 3 times now.

Hell who am I kidding? I'm trying to figure out pipe smoking in general! Am I smoking too slowly? I don't know that I could realistically finish a bowl of anything (but definitely a VA/VaPer which is supposed to be smoked slower, right?) within a 2 hour sitting.

I know there's nothing intrinsically wrong with setting it down and coming back to it like I've done today, I'm just curious if I'm an outlier.

As far as the blend goes, I'm definitely enjoying the flavors I encounter and am trying to be more discerning with what my palate registers. Trying to appreciate the subtleness when compared with something like an English blend.
I always finish a bowl when I start it, but there is nothing wrong with coming back to it at a later time. I like to smoke Virginia blends in a narrow bowled pipe, so I can still finish in about 40 minutes. Truly all blends should be smoked slowly. I tend to smoke everything about the same speed.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
First try from my Pfeifen Huber delivery. Virginia Golden Flake in a Stanwell. Whoa! Impressed.. Virginia hay/grass flavour heaven.
View attachment 137720View attachment 137721

WOW, that’s some really wild looking tabac! Like one big spiraling ribbon, never seen anything like that. Just on looks alone, I have to get some of this!

On a side note, if you love straight VAs, be sure to check out Esoterica Scarborough.

Enjoy that tabac! ❤️

P.S. Where did you get it from, does it always come as a big ribbon/flake?

Here?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.