PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
You Californians have to much smog. LOL ?

No smog out here! ?

I’m just messing with you guys, but So. Cal does have it’s share.

View attachment 124052
Yes and no. Palm Springs is considered smog free albeit not particulate free as we live in a desert. However, a few miles south and at an elevation of 6000 feet, very clean air.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Dan Tobacco Salty Dogs in an AKB Meerschaum Lattice Volcano ?

@halfdan I am very curious about your new year resolution. What activity requires a resolution like “Not falling into the River” ? I would assume this resolution is valid only if you deliberately fall in the River and have a choice. Accidental falls should not count, as you don’t have a choice
@cshubhra I volunteer with Don Catchment Rivers Trust doing river clean-up work. I like getting my waders on and going in the water!
More about our work here:
I've alreday fell in once and got water inside my waders!
See my picture here:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

Mac Baren: HH Old Dark Fired in a Clay...​

vEF5ntf.jpg
@weezell I've smoked some Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; need to take your time with it as it's quite strong. Smoke a strong baccy too quickly and you get a baccy rush...
What did you wrap round the mouthpiece of your clay?
That looks like one of my Markus Fohr pipes...

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
@cshubhra I volunteer with Don Catchment Rivers Trust doing river clean-up work. I like getting my waders on and going in the water!
More about our work here:
I've alreday fell in once and got water inside my waders!
See my picture here:
I'm impressed. I salute your commitment to the environment. And it looks like fun, too!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Putting the finishing touches on my review of the soon-to-be released C&D Folklore blend.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Just pulled one of three pouches of Drexel VIII from the medium flat rate box that is my "cellar" for pouches.

The pouch is dated from 2016 and I've had it since roughly 2018. There must be a humectant involved, because these pouches aren't sealed, just folded over and taped in the center.

That said, I folded and stuffed some in my Stanwell 185. It was pliable and roughly "optimal" in moisture level.

It fired right up and has a nice, pleasant but generic VaPer flavor.

I don't know what voodoo they do with this pouch, but it seems a good one to throw in the glove box and forget about until needed.

View attachment 124047
It really gets a bad rap. It’s not a bad tobacco at all

Status
Not open for further replies.